1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic sc-dt900

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nottinghamlad, Sep 7, 2003.

1. nottinghamlad

nottinghamlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm intrested in buying this piece of kit but havn't been able to find any reviews on it! Does anyone out there have any experience with it good or bad? Please let me know as i've got money to burn!!!

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I am also from Nottingham, West Bridgford to be exact and even more of a coincidence I bought a SC-HT900 last week( You did mean SC-HT900 didnt you?) I am very pleased with it I think it is very good value for money in terms of specifiation, it looks great and sounds just as good. Compared to the Sony DAVS888 which is just about identical in facilities it is much better value. I got a multiregion ex demo model from Techtronics for £390.
    The reviews I have seen on the internet from the States have been positive I have also seen a review in a new issue of a British A/V magazine this week (can't remember the name) but they have a round up of 50 current all in one systems and the SC-HT900 was given 5 stars out of 5 not bad I think a full review will be in their next issue.
    Going back to price I have seen region 2 models from £390 upwards so there are plenty of good deals out there just use google to do a search and follow the links. Good luck you won't regret it.
    P.S Are you Forest supporter (as I am), County follower or one of those strange people who doesn't like god's greatest gift to mankind... :)

3. nottinghamlad

nottinghamlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx blackbull & i did mean ht900!!
    Your feedback is very positive and being a forest lad must be very reliable too!
    your right it does look great and i liked the fact you can wall mount the speakers as well. If the performance is as good as the looks then i'll be happy to part with my dough. I did have a showcase of what it can do in the shop this afternoon and if it performs as well in between normal 4 walls! then great.

Oh i've just learn't that McPhail wants a permanent deal. up the reds!!

4. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs mate. I have just spent the day using the system, first to watch "Attack of the Clones" awesome sound and visuals (not sure about Hayden Christianen's (Anakin Skywalker) acting though) and just this minute had blast on "Steel Battalion" on my XBox, utterly fantastic. My wife has gone to work so I will now be able to watch another DVD not sure which... "Band of Brothers" or "Pearl Harbour" to give it a good workout....
    Good news about McPhail I was getting a bit worried after Johnson was said he was unhappy and the defeats against Cardiff and Coventry. Forest Forever!!

5. tblair

tblair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know if the HT900 will play DVD-RW discs?

Thanks

6. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the SC-HT900 does play CD-RW

7. tblair

tblair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks but I'm asking about DVD-RW not CD-RW.

8. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops!! No it can only play DVD-R and then, I think, only if recorded and finalised on a Panasonic DVD recorder

9. nottinghamlad

nottinghamlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes it will play dvd-r dvd-ram svcd but unfortunatley not dvd-rw.
    but that aside blackbull's right its one bang on piece of kit, sounds fantastic and i've already had a complaint from the neighbour!!! so it must be good!!
    unless your desperate for a player that will take dvd-rw than you wont be disappointed.
    cheers

nottinghamlad

10. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nottinghamlad,

Glad to hear that you got the SC-HT900 in the end, brilliant isn,t it and I'm sure your neighbour agrees...

11. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    I recommended the 900 to a friend in Sweden and he bought it from techtronics and he is well pleased with it and hasn't had any problems with any reg1 discs. The speakers are gorgeous, sounds good and looks expensive as well. And superb value compared with Sony 888 and you get wall mounts thrown in as well.

Here is a recent very positive review from much highly regarded US magazine Hometheatermagazine (trust US mags more than British mags)
    http://www.hometheatermag.com/allinonehometheatersystems/181/

You can get it for £460 incl del from http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd_home.htm
    or £430 incl del from http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/50-panasonic-sc-ht900-multi-region-dvd-player.html

Wasabi

12. daviedee

daviedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    daviedee, the qed one is not mult-region though.

Wasabi

14. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm thinking of buying this Panny, and all reviews have been pretty good. My only issue is that I've only heard it playing CD's...not seen a movie or heard a movie soundtrack on it yet. (Curry's weren't very obliging!) :(
    When listening to the CD and playing around with the remote. there didn't seem to be a lot of bass adjustment...fine for the CD I was listening to, but was a bit concerned that it wouldn't be enough for DVD movies.
    What do you guys think? Is there enough "oomph" in the bass for movies?

Thanks for any advice,

Regards,

CliveG

15. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definately, and by the way you can adjust the sub woofer level (0 no low freq through to 3 the most powerful setting)