Panasonic SC-BTT270EBK 5.1 system problem

nickhawtin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to advise.

I bought the Panasonic SC-BTT270EBK 5.1 system in February but it has developed a fault with the picture. Menus are crystal clear fine, however when you play the film, the picture goes flickery and shadowy. It's noticeable when the scene is dark.

It does it with various Blu-rays and DVDs, also tested it on more than one HDMI lead and two different TVs.

Obviously I will go to Panasonic if I don't find a solution, but would prefer to try any fixes first.

Thank you

Chesk what the video output is set to. Should be either 1080i or 1080p.

Sorry there's been such a delay in me elaborating on this issue further...!

After much frustration, I took it to a Panasonic-approved service centre, who told me the engineer could not replicate the fault.

Having played about a bit more, I had a bit more luck altering settings on my Samsung UE37ES6300, the biggest breakthrough being with altering the 'HDMI Black Level' function.

Still not 100% happy with the quality though. I think the TV is 1080p, so made sure this was selected on the Blu-ray player.

After faffing around with endless options on both the TV and player, but not really knowing what I'm doing, I'm now banging my head against a brick wall!

The player has good reviews online in terms of picture quality, so must be doing something wrong? Would it be possible the player is somehow incompatible with the TV?

The two Blu-rays I have been testing it with are Inception and The Dark Knight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom