Panasonic SC-BT222 questions

J

jtr63

I have just purchased a Panasonic SC-BT222 and have it connected to my Sony Bravia KDL-37EX503. I have 3 questions. Firstly, I have noticed on a couple of occasions that the picture has dropped out and the sound continues. Any thoughts on why this may have happened ? Secondly, when the BluRay player is turned on, the TV speakers are disabled. Is there a setting on the BR that will allow the TV speakers to work when it is connected switched on ? Finally, a message appeared about checking for firmware upgrades. How do I go about this ?
TIA
John.

interbear

Interesting. I also just bought a SC-BT222, connected to a Panasonic plasma TV via HDMI and a Sky HD box via optical. Both work absolutely fine, I have none of the problems you have noted. Perhaps a faulty HDMI cable, might be worth trying another one? It did however take me a while to set up and go through the various settings to work exactly as I wanted ie. sound via the BT222 all the time via both the Sky HD box and when playing DVDs. So, my TV speakers are permanently disabled, the SC-BT222 speakers deliver much better quality sound so that's deliberate. I'm not really sure why you'd want the TV speakers on when connecting a home cinema system that has better sound quality? But it is possible if you go through the sound options via the remote control. Can't help on the firmware upgrade sorry, I didn't get that message. This is probably no help to you whatsoever, sorry! For the record though, I think the SC-BT22 is a fabulous piece of kit for the price. Sounds great with my ipod touch too.

moggo

Standard Member
A possible answer to why you might want to use the TV sound is I don't think the 222EB has a headphone socket. So the only alternative would be to send the sound to the TV and plug your phones in there. I could be wrong, I am still looking at buying and the lack of a headphone socket is a concern.

interbear

A possible answer to why you might want to use the TV sound is I don't think the 222EB has a headphone socket. So the only alternative would be to send the sound to the TV and plug your phones in there. I could be wrong, I am still looking at buying and the lack of a headphone socket is a concern.
Yep that's a good point, it doesn't have a headphone socket.

Other than that it's a pretty versatile unit overall in terms of options - hdmi, optical, USB, SD card, ipod dock etc. I never use headphones so didn't consider this.

Trending threads

Top Bottom