• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Panasonic SC-All70 sound bar PCM only?

DaiB

Standard Member
I have an ALL70 sound bar with a new Panny TV and Panny 4K Blu-ray player. The All70 when I hold the Sound button for 4 secs shows 'PCM' even with a Dolby 5.1 Blu-ray disc when it should show 'Dolby Digital'. I'm using all the right HDMI connections and I believe all the right setups on each device. Any ideas?

DaiB

Standard Member
I have an ALL70 sound bar with a new Panny TV and Panny 4K Blu-ray player. The All70 when I hold the Sound button for 4 secs shows 'PCM' even with a Dolby 5.1 Blu-ray disc when it should show 'Dolby Digital'. I'm using all the right HDMI connections and I believe all the right setups on each device. Any ideas?
I think I may have found part of the problem. The Panny 4K player has complex audio settings and playing around with them I now get 'DTS' from one of the Blu-ray disks which is a step forward. Now to get the ALL2 Surround Sound units to make even a murmur...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom