1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SA -XR25

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ppd, Aug 26, 2003.

1. ppd

ppd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone out there got a view on Panasonic SA-XR25?? I'm looking to set up a second system. I've currently got a denon 3802/DVD2800 with B & W 3 series speakers.

I've just had a demo of Panasonic SA - XR25 along with a bunch of other 'budget ' receivers all played through B&W VM1/AS1 package sat sub package...the XR25 was head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion...and really didn't sound a million miles off my 'high spec system'

Please someone tell me that I'm dreaming!

2. fuglyface

fuglyface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the SAXR45 which is the next model up. I also have the VM1 speakers but with a rel quake sub.
    In my opinion the sound is great but then again I do not have a load of experience yet.

3. ppd

ppd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for info re XR45. I think the 45 is v similar to the 25...just has dual room and enhannced MP3 playback. I think the amp spec is the same so pleased to hear that you are enjoying it...I think it is a bargin. Was the XR45 reviewed in Home cinema Choice (Sept Issue???)...we don't get it here in NZ ...but I remember seening the cover on the web...mentioned something about...'first digital amp'??? Not quite sure what the difference is of digital amp??

Did you see the review? Was it any good?

Anyone else got views on Panasonic SA XR45/25?

Cheers

Paul

4. rowbos

rowbos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Very pleased with my 45, sounds great and looks fantastic - especially sat on top of my DMRE50... :)

Go for it!

Steve.

5. ppd

ppd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Steve....I think I will!!

Anyone got a review of XR45 or XR25 that they can either give me web address of or scan/email to pdtemp@xtra.co.nz

cheers

P