1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Sa-ht80

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nick100, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Nick100

Nick100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a hack for my HT80 or does it need an upgrade to play multi-region. Can't get it to play cdrs as well any way round this :confused:

2. MarkHT80

MarkHT80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just spoken to a local retailer who says that there is an upgrade for multi region (the warranty will be invalidated!), however the machine (SA-HT80) does not and cannot play CD-R's, VCD's etc. as the laser technology doesnt allow for these formats!

Looks like we are both in the same boat as I would like to play the same formats, in particular, Video's captured on my DV Video camera and recorded onto CD-R.

Can anyone else suggest a fix?

3. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Theres no actual "hack", but it can be modded by a DIY chip, or a software upgrade if taken to the appropiate dealer.

It won`t read CD-R discs, though. Panasonic models at this time did not have CD-R abilites, only the 2001 range onwards (HT70).

Hope that helps?