panasonic sa-he7 amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pete18, Aug 12, 2002.

1. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi
    can anyone help i have a panasonic sa-he7 amp i want to upgrade the speakers that came as standard with the amp i was wondering can you upgrade to better speakers with this amp. i want a louder sound when watching movies
    what are the best speakers to buy for around £200-300.
    has any else got this amp.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Hi I have the very Similar Technics SADX950. Go to your local RS for an Idea, for films a good sub will give you the best rumble. I would look for a Sub on sale at £150 ish and a pair of larger front speakers at £100 ish, your budget is enough to make a big improvement depending on the room. Don't listen to people who tell you that you need to spend more. Listen to your ears, you can buy from RS, if you dont like the sound, take the items back and exchange them. Check out small print in the brochure or website:)

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    KEF PSW1000 Cherry (Subwoofer, Single) £ 139 .95
    AND
    Mission M73 (Beech, Per Pair) £ 129 .95
    ON RS site print out and take them to the local store, ring and reserve first though to save a wasted journey.
    Go and demo if possible and shop around, no substitute to trying them at home though. ~That is how I would spend £300 quid if I had it.

:( :( :(

4. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    is that richer sounds

i was wondering is there a web site that has a review of my amp
    also i was looking on the web and found sa-he70 amp which had DTS is that the next on up from mine
    I got my amp in febuary a panasonic shop for £250 with 5 speakers and the sub (the standard panasonic ones)
    was a good buy was it worth that, the guy in the sho[p said that they where selling them with rv31 dvd player for £700.
    please let me know
    thanks for your advice

P.S also what about surround speakers

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    First things first www.richersounds.com.
    Sounds steep!!!!!!
    Guys in shops are a law unto them selves. (commision goes to the head)
    www.priceruuner.com is a valuable resource in your favourites.

Browse the RS site as well as:
    www.hifibitz.co.uk
    www.empiredirect.co.uk
    www.avland.co.uk
    Try to go to a local superfi, buy a copy of What hifi sound and vision. They all help, but listen to your ears if possible. My local Panasonic Technics dealer told me "once you've haerd one DD system you have heard them all" something that Tag owning members may disagree with,
    On surround speakers, I would stick with the originals, and save for a better centre a then rears in that order. Buy the time you get it all sorted a DVD writer and DTS EX 7.1 amp will be next on your list, After the initial £1000 investment I am trying to put about £200 a year into the system. I will need a new TV when I get my own house, but that looks along way off.
    Don't spend all your cash on hardware, its them films that make a system, and the pleasure of watching them in your own home.
    Hope this helps, I was in the same situ 6 months ago but due to cashflow I have had to put off buying the Beautiful M73's I desire so.

6. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    is the
    Panasonic SAHE70 the same amp as the Panasonic SAHE7 because some web site have the 0 and some don't are they the same amp. Also is it worth upgrading to the
    Panasonic SAHE90 which includes DTS and dolby pro logic II or shall i wait for a while and just settle with getting my speakers first
    cheers! for the help

7. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RS is a good bet for speakers, but you'll need to tell them that your receiver doesn't have large speaker terminals for decent wiring. (Technics SA-DX950 / Panasonic SA-HE9 does have the large speaker terminals, but for front L/R only).

If your budget is good, why not upgrade both the speakers and receiver?

Cheers

Chris ' kiwiranger' Parke

8. faggy292

faggy292

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anybody help, i have just got myself a panasonic sa-he70, I am using my PlayStation 2 to watch DVD's on untill I get myself a new DVD player. I have a Digital Optical cable linking the two up. I was trying to watch a movie (I-robot) with DTS sorround sound, as far as i know both the PS2 and the reciever are DTS compatable. But while im watching the movie the reciever still shows that it is playing in Pro logic 2, the only time it has chainged into a different mode is when I play the introduction movie at the begining of Gran Tourismo 4, (it switches into doulby digital). I cant work out why it does not switch, or how to switch it into another mode when I play movies on it.
    Can anybody offer any advise, dont be to harsh, im only 14 lol!!?

9. Glenzo

Glenzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    As DTS is not the default sound setting of the DVD, are you sure that you are selecting the DTS option from the DVD menu?

As for it playing in DPL II, as opposed to DD 5.1, I think maybe you need to manually de-select DPL which may be over-riding the 5.1 signal. Alternatively you may need to go into settings and tell the Receiver that you have your DVD ouput via optical. If this is the scenario, you could also unwittingly have a 2 ch Red/White lead connected which is active and won't go above Pro-Logic II.

Let me know how you get on.