Panasonic SA-BT200 - U73 no HDMI output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rbm109, Dec 31, 2011.

1. rbm109

rbm109

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello!

I have had a Panasonic SA-BT200 for a couple of years now...best birthday present ever!

It's been brilliant until the last few weeks. I started to get occasional vertical lines on the picture...as if parts if the image had been transposed to the wrong place.

I thought it was the projector 'till yesterday when I got no picture at all.
    Nothing has been changed in set-up terms. But now I get a U73 error on the base unit and the projector finds no signal.

To narrow down the fault, I've connected my laptop, using the same HDMI cable to the projector...that's fine, as is the Freeview recorder. I've also power-cycled everything to no avail.

So, I conclude that my home cinema unit is at fault....something in the HDMI output has faltered and failed. However, I thought I got the lines problem with other sources...not sure now.

Is there anything else I can try/look at/test etc? to make sure it is the cinema system at fault? Or am I at the biting the bullet and taking it to a service agent stage?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Robert.

PS I'm choosing to blame the 13 in-laws who came for Christmas for the failure.:devil:

2. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    You could try another cable using it with other sources doesn't necessarily rule out a faulty cable. Since different screen resolutions and audio options require different bandwidths.

Other than that it may well be faulty.

3. rbm109

rbm109

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    [-][/-]It seems unlikely that the same fault has occurred with two different cables simultaneously so I'd ruled that one out, but thanks anyway.