1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic S75 - quieter please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sgrech, Nov 19, 2003.

1. sgrech

sgrech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    After much research and investigation I decided to go out and buy a Panasonic S75.
    It is great, i am well pleased. However I have one slight problem. When I play a dvd I don't seem to be able to control the volume level. If I turn down the volume on TV remote it doesn't make any difference and even the mute button appears disabled.

I don't have a surround sound system, the sound is just being output by the TV speakers.
    As per the instruction manual I connected the Audio Out and Video Out on the DVD player to the Audio In and Video In on the TV. The sound is very good considering my set-up I just can't control the volume level, unless I remove the above mentioned cables.
    Upon doing this I once more have control of the volume, but the sound produced is poor in comparison.

Please help.

Regards
    Simon:confused:

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you connecting your player by a scart lead? If so that should give you very good sound and should not need the other two links being connected. Check that the plugs are seated correctly in the sockets at both ends.

Dave

3. sgrech

sgrech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is connected via Scart. As I said in previous post when the Audio / Video in / out are not connected then the sound is nowhere near as good as when they are connected.

Simon