• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic s53 progressive scan information

S

stiltskin

Hi, I'm trying to get some information on the auto1, auto2 and video transfer options on the Panasonic dvd players.
As many of you might know, pal dvds are often (if not always) incorrectly encoded with video interlaced flags even when they are film based material and should be flaged as progressive.
Its hard to believe this could happen but fortunately there are some dvd players that allow users to overide the automatic flag detection and force progressive scan weaving instead of video interlacing.
The information I don't seem to be able to find is what the various modes stand for. Auto 1 and auto 2.
Does anyone have any experience with this or more information, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

spooney

Prominent Member
It has been a while since I played around with my S52. This model and the S53 are more or less identical despite the 1080p and a one or two feature less with the newer model.

What I remember is that there is one mode for cinema and one for video (e.g. Music DVDs). You will see a big difference when inserting a video DVD and not change to the second setting manually.
I think it is still the case the player forgets about the setting as soon as you open the tray.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom