Panasonic S35

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fredmeek, Mar 22, 2004.

1. fredmeek

fredmeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchase a Panasonic S35 DVD Player. I also purchased a pack of TDK DVD-RAM discs. I used my computer using Nero Burn Room software and an LG drive to write to the DVD-RAM discs. When I put the disc into my S35 Player it says "Wrong disc type" and rejects it. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.
    I have written an ISO Video disc image file and have also tried writting a mpeg2 data file but both give the same result.
    I have sent several emails to Panasonic technical support but none have been acknowledged or replied to. I have also telephoned them and logged my problem but 10 days have elapsed and I have had no response from them.
    Any help that you can give me to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It probably works like video cds where you need a bit on the disc to tell the player it's a DVD.
    This is normally found on the latest versions of any software, all you do is use a program thats meant to create dvd discs for playback rather than data storage.

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,046
    You have to record in RAM format, otherwise the player won't recognise it.

I use Ulead videostudio to record in RAM format from compatible mpeg files.