Panasonic S10 models

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a 32" LCD and was dissapointed to read in What Hifi magazine that their opinion of a tv I was interested in didn't fare too well in the group test in this months magazine. The Panasonic TX-L32S10 which I was favouring towards got 3/5 but in the same magazine a month or so back the equivilant 37" model received 5/5. Looking at specs from the Panasonic web site they seem identical except of course for their physical screen sizes. Can anybody tell me what the difference in quality is between the two and if I should be swayed by a magazine's opinion and opt for a different model? Is there more competition in the 32" market (I think these are probably the most popular screen sizes) hence the lower mark given to the 32". :confused:

32" (£500) really is the mximum size I can go to so would appreciate any advice.

I would take a look at the 32G10, its a much better set IMO & pretty much in your budget, getting very positive reviews from techradar & a which best buy award (can be had for about £560), see below:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

The reason in the diff from the 32" to 37" S10 will probably be to do with panal diff i.e. use a diff panal for the diff sizes, so the 37" will in all likely hood be superiour! Don't know that for sure but its pretty common that manufact source diff panals for diff sizes from diff companies i.e. the Sony W series is much the same execpt its the 37" which is said to be lesser TV. Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Jiff

Last edited by a moderator:
why buying pannasonic LCD? i would say u get much better value and PQ out of a samsung or sony, or even LG IMO.

why buying pannasonic LCD? i would say u get much better value and PQ out of a samsung or sony, or even LG IMO.

+1 :smashin:

This year's panasonic lcds really aren't all that good compared to the competition, and expensive too (apart from sony).

Read some decent stuff about the G10 & V10 & the OP was interested in Panny, hence my comments ...that said
I agree Sony or Sam would be my choice, certainly over the S10 :thumbsdow

Cheers,
Jiff

Hi,
They all use the same IPS Alpha panels but I think I have some issues with the settings. Cinema is too dull for most people and the others are Dynamic, there is less in the way of adjustment. The G10 just has Freesat and some other processing features such as 100Hz.

Thanks for your replys. This is all really confusing!!! I decided to go to Which on line as they're doing a one month for £1 deal on there web site. Confusingly they rate the 32" S10 better than a Sony 32" V5500 (which What hifi rated highly 5/5 stars) and Panasonics feature 6 times in the top 10 LCD tv's (that they have reviewed), the other 4 were Sony's. 32" S10 featured 9th and the G10 in 7th. To be fair there is minimal percentage diference between them all. Samsung and LG featured lower. I think it really is all a gamble and I'm thinking that all LCD's have there good and bad points. I think also that even going to a local outlet won't even help because there are so many different settings that can 'make or break a tv'.

I think I'll just bite the bullet and go for a 32" S10 Panasonic.......must be better than my 23" LXD60 any hoo!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you will be happy with it ...you have to remember that most on here are perfectionists ;) and as such take alot of convincing about the relative merits of a TV! All sets have pros and contra, it really does at the end of the day depend what you want, what you use it for & what your budget is like :) right now the 32S10 is on at Dixons for around £429 which for a 32" full HD set is pretty good value:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

Hope we could be some assistance.
Cheers,
Jiff

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom