1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RV41 + Techtronics Multimod

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andybrice, Jan 12, 2005.

1. andybrice

andybrice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic RV41 with the Techtronics Enterprise Multimod fitted. This was done a few years back and I have lost the manual.

Does anyone know how to change regions on this player with this mod as Techtronics are out of business and their website is no more?

I think it is a combination of keys when the unit is in standby but can't remember which... :confused:

2. LoosyLou

LoosyLou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic RV60 from them so I don't know if the mod is the same but to change mine...

Put the unit in standby.
    Press 0 8 Enter

The zero enables the autoswitching of regions and the 8 is for PAL tv.

To switch to a specific region you just replace the 0 with the region code.

Replace the 8 with a 9 for NTSC.

Hope it works for you

3. andybrice

andybrice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it will be similar because I fitted the mod myself and from memory the instructions were for the RV31, RV41 and RV62.

Hopefully all these models share the same or similar MPEG decoder so the chip may be the same.

I'll give it a go and post the result.

EDIT: Just tried it and can't get it to change region. I have checked using the service code by pressing pause and eject on the front panel with 6 on the remote. The first digit on the left displays the region and remains on 2 whatever I do.

When entering the codes do you press the buttons in sequence or all at once? I seem to remember it was a case of hitting some buttons simultaneously...???

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I cant beleive techtronics are out of business. I found they were really good. Amazing chips.
    Big shame.

5. andybrice

andybrice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0