Panasonic RPTV vs Tosh etc

mikeaitch

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I think I've caught the New Kit Round the corner disease!
Has anyone out there seen the new Panasonic TX42PT10? Its supposed to exist but I can't find anyone who has one to look at, since the new Tosh 42" rptv is not out till August.

I am desperate for a new rptv to replace my aeging 29" Sony 4:3. Was all set to buy the Tosh 40wh8ob, but have heard lots of things go wrong with that particular model, so tried to talk the other half into accepting the 46" version, without success!
42"or 43" screens seem like the ideal size, comprimise, but if I wait much longer, either I'll fall victim to the dreaded waiting disease, or my wife will find out how much they REALLY cost!

Any comments appreciated! :confused:

If you search through this forum you will find loads of positive stuff about the Toshiba range. The 40WH08B is excellent and has one of the best pictures, plus component video input and a non-reflective screen. It is about to be superseded by an upgraded version so maybe you should take a look before you commit yourself.It is vital you have the dealer set up the set for you and then it will be at its best.

Thanks, Delta,
Any idea if the new range will be a significant improvement on the wh range? Spoke to Toshiba who say the new 42" will not be released until Aug. Perhaps there'll be some juicy discounts round the corner on the wh range....?And what about the Panasonic or Sony?? Aaargh!I'm doing it again..perhaps the disease is beginning to take hold????? :eek:

Sorry Morpheus I should have mentioned that I did have the Panasonic 47" before the Toshiba. The Panny looks great when it is switched off and the picture is good when viewed from a distance. The main problem is with the convergence control. There is only one point that you can adjust the setting and it is by using a very small cross int he centre of the screen. The Tosh has nine points set around the srceen and in the centre and enables are far more accurate adjustment to be made. As you say the Toshiba WHO series is being sold at some very competetive prices, take a look at Hi-Spek and Sound & Vision for example and be prepared to negotiate a discount. Contact me if you wnat any more info. You are welcome to come for a demo if you think it would be worthwhile.

Dvae

Thanks Delta
I might just take you up on that, I'm dying to see what a properly set up Tosh RP loks like. The only ones I've seen have been at the usual superstores and were very badly set up .Cheers! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom