Panasonic - Resolution issue, Urgent help.

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by SH4D0WM4NZ, Feb 10, 2009.

1. SH4D0WM4NZ

SH4D0WM4NZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all, today i took delivery of my new Panasonic TH-42PZ82 (80) B (BA) (TH-42PZ82B) and waved off my Tosh, sad day for me.

OK, first impressions were, Eh' Ok... not to impressive, not half as many connections as the tosh, no optical out, only 2 rear HDMI ports. Software does work alot quicker, menus are CRAP! image is FANTASTIC.

Reason for my rant, I took down the tosh and put up the panny, same cables etc, NOW, my desktop is way out of res, on paper and by word of mouth on here, the tv does support 1920x1080 yet why does my PC not feed it?
    the corners of the desktop are out of the screen, the res of the pc is 1920x1080 and the mode on the tv is 1080p into HDMI.

I have an Nvidia GFX card, on XP i have the old drivers where i can resize, i went over all settings, the only one to make a dif was resize HD desktop, i managed to get it ALLMOST right with a res of 1884x1048.

On vista its miles out.
    Both on 16:9

when on the tosh, i had a similar issue but i had a button that would have about 20 diff settings one of them would change the display and make the desktop fit perfectly.

Am i missing somthing?

Do i have a rubbish TV?

Am i a noob?

Many thanks.

Martin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gadgetcity

Gadgetcity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I connect via HDMI. I have to press Menu -> Setup and turn off Picture Overscan. Fits pixel perfect at 1920x1080.

I assume you are using the PC input but it may be the same solution for you.

Hope that helps

3. dazzler9000

dazzler9000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I had a similar issue on my 50PZ80! I had to make a custom resolution in the ATI manager. I think I settled on 1884x1048 or somewhere close to that. The image looks good, so I’ve stuck with it.

4. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Didn't you read the spec before you bought it then?

Anyway - turn overscan off. It should default to off for 1080p signals really but it doesn't.

5. SH4D0WM4NZ

SH4D0WM4NZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

Many Many thanks! i am using HDMI from a DVI-HDMI *doo-darr*
    I am not at home so i'm unable to try it but it sounds likely to be the fix. Was pulling my hair out.

dazzler9000 - I would love to settle with a custom res but knowing its not as high as it should/could be will just bug the hell out of me.

I did yes, but i was hoping it to be wrong like everyting else comet had said about the tv, It wasnt a case of buying it, my Tosh Picture frame was written off due to a SLIGHTY flaw in the screen so i got this Panny as the replacment.

Overscan - OFF, damn you overscan (if this is the fix:D)

Martin

6. adey

adey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was having almost exactly the same problem with my new Nvidia 9800gx2 that's got 2 DVI out & 1 HDMI out & my Panasonic TH50PZ70B.

In the Nvidia menu it gives you the TV resolution choices 1080p, 1080i, 720...... & it detects that the native res of the telly is 1080p. You guys in this thread suggested that the overscan feature on the TV might be on, which it is (& I was aware of it) but I knew that even turning that off wouldn't sort it because it was much to big just to be overscan. Although having mucked about with it in the last 10 mins I have got it to display correctly. The channels seem to remember their own settings so I turned overscan off on the AV1 input (picture has black lines all round) went to the HDMI2 input (PC in) & it was displaying fine, turn it off in the HDMI2 & it's too small. It's like the AV2 overrides the HDMI so maybe it was overscanning twice?? Anyway it's now set to on - AV1 & off - HDMI2 work perfect!!! [​IMG]

Thank you!!! I've been looking for an answer for this for days.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. SH4D0WM4NZ

SH4D0WM4NZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    IT WORKS!
    Fantastic.

NOW i am happy with the TV.

Many thanks to you all!
    (PS, It was the overscan crap causing the problem, I need a drink! :[ )