Panasonic replacement panel d.i.y

W

Willstevens

I have a panasonic th42px70 and have several vertical lines. I have seen many other post about the same problem but i have no warrenty and would like to know if you can replace the panel yourself and if so how much and where can i get the panel from.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
The replacement part costs more than you can buy a whole new panel for. It's a write-off I'm afraid.

However... exactly how old is it? You have rights under the Sale of Goods Act, and I don't believe your panel can even be two years old.

You are well within your rights to insist that the retailer resolves this for you.

Steve

W

Willstevens

I bought the tv from ebay, so i dont know where its from but there is a date on the back which says may 2007, so yes its less than two years old.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Might be worth contacting the eBay seller to see if they still have the original receipt... Think you'll be stuck without that though.

alsina

Novice Member
I have a panasonic th42px70 and have several vertical lines. I have seen many other post about the same problem but i have no warrenty and would like to know if you can replace the panel yourself and if so how much and where can i get the panel from.

The replacement panel costs about £500 to a trade repairer so makes your TH42PX70 uneconomical to repair. You are not covered by any guarantee and can't claim under SOGA as you are not the original buyer so I'm afraid you've bought a lemon. Might be worth calling Panasonic, but if they are willing to help, they ALWAYS want a copy of the original invoice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom