1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic repair outside warranty?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Panasonic_Dude, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i have a PG50 with a hum, it's outside the warranty and panny have said send it to a service centre for repair. As this is an accepted design fault with this model am i going to foot the bill and if i do how much am i likely to be charged for (what i'm told) is a very simple job?
    :hiya:

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Why not ask the repairers?

Better than giving them a blank cheque!

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If this is an accepted design fault you are entitled to have the repair carried out free of charge - are you sure of your facts? You do not specify what the fault is - perhaps this may be a 'well known fault that develops over time' rather than a design fault? regards, yt.

4. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is Red16v, i refer you to this thread i recently found Link The question remains, am i still entitled to have the tv repaired even if it's outside the warranty?
    Cheers
    David

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not familiar with this model. I presume from following your thread pointer that this is a reasonably 'old' set now ? If you have been hearing this problem from new then yes you would be entitled to a free repair (arranged by the manufacturer) but if you have been living with it for a number of years (or the problem has only just manifested itself) then I think your case is seriously weakened. regards, yt.