Panasonic Region Hack

John AT

Novice Member
Could anyone tell me whether there is a region free hack for Dvd and Blu Ray for a Panasonic DP UB820 player. Many Thanks

neuty

Distinguished Member
DVD will work with the remote above. For Bluray multi region it will require a mod chip.

neuty

Distinguished Member

THX2002

Thanks, but seems pricey, considering the chips were going for about 40 Euros to DIY before I lost the link...

Ive gone down the regionfreedom route.

neuty

Distinguished Member

THX2002

Rattlebytes is a hard-wired chip and I believe modified firmware, regionfreedom is modified firmware only, with a couple of extra features as explained on the site. Pricing is about the same, but it seems regionfreedom is very picky who he sells the firmware to. Google will be your friend to read reports around the net.

Pickle2503

Novice Member
Does anyone sell custom firmware that lets you have all audio codecs on mkv files? Or should just go ahead and buy an nvidia shield at this point

scififan

Standard Member
Rattlebytes is a hard-wired chip and I believe modified firmware, regionfreedom is modified firmware only, with a couple of extra features as explained on the site. Pricing is about the same, but it seems regionfreedom is very picky who he sells the firmware to. Google will be your friend to read reports around the net.
Thanks, but seems pricey, considering the chips were going for about 40 Euros to DIY before I lost the link...

Ive gone down the regionfreedom route.

I have the DP-UB820 blu-ray player, I'm strongly considering the RegionFreedom route. Have you had any issues with the firmware update on yours at all to date?

THX2002

I have not even had a chance to watch a single movie, so cannot comment, but I've certainly never read comments online about it causing any issues.

Good luck trying to get it, you do have to jump through a few hoops before he deems you are worthy ;-)

regular_guy28

I’ve just went through this, took a bit of time to get there but up and running now and works great. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom