Bargain Panasonic refurbished eBay store thread

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Is an open box OLED preferable to a refurbished one? Or as the latter has been returned and repaired is it less likely to develop another fault 🤔

As I see that the Outlet has open box GZ950 in stock for £1069.99

Or for another £50 there’s a refurbished GZ1500, I have a surround sound system but like the look of its stand more...

FubarKid

Is an open box OLED preferable to a refurbished one? Or as the latter has been returned and repaired is it less likely to develop another fault 🤔

As I see that the Outlet has open box GZ950 in stock for £1069.99

Or for another £50 there’s a refurbished GZ1500, I have a surround sound system but like the look of its stand more...

Not worth the risk with only 1 year warranty? imo
On the oled price changes thread, someone went into curry's and the GZ950 was £850 in store, might be worth going into your local store?

Last edited:

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Not worth the risk with only 1 year warranty? imo
On the oled price changes thread, someone went into curry's and the GZ950 was £850 in store, might be worth going into your local store?
I’ve not purchased anything from Curry’s for over a decade, as find their pushy salespeople infuriating!

Is their 5 year warranty as good as those offered by John Lewis and Richer Sounds?

FubarKid

I’ve not purchased anything from Curry’s for over a decade, as find their pushy salespeople infuriating!

Is their 5 year warranty as good as those offered by John Lewis and Richer Sounds?
RS is the best but don't think the GZ950 is available from RS or JL

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
RS is the best but don't think the GZ950 is available from RS or JL
I see in their Clearance section that Richer Sounds have GZ950 for £1149 but looks like only comes with 12 month warranty as it’s refurbished unit 😕

sgarbett364

Standard Member
Impulse bought a TX-55GZ950B tonight from the outlet for £820. Seems a decent price? Anyone know if you can buy extended warrenty with them like I think I've seen on the Sony thread

FubarKid

Impulse bought a TX-55GZ950B tonight from the outlet for £820. Seems a decent price? Anyone know if you can buy extended warrenty with them like I think I've seen on the Sony thread
You can't unfortunately

tomelli

Good luck with your purchase. Please keep us informed. How was it packaged? Any obvious issues e.g minor cosmetics problems etc?
I have been looking, but have not been brave enough to push the button....yet!

sgarbett364

Standard Member
TV arrive quickly and as absolutely spotless no signs it's ever been used or touched. All the screen and protective plastics still on. It's running the latest software update too and couldn't be happier for what I paid.

Played some uhd content through it and find it hard to believe spending 000s more on one could yield a much better picture.

Tested some basic calibration tests and uniformity / dirty screen tests via YouTube and all seems to great (to my untrained eye)

y2afuk

Recently purchased a refurbished UB820 for £187 on their eBay outlet store and it came flawless. No scratches or dents. 12 months warranty as well. Excellent value. Highly recommended. Thanks to this thread for the knowledge or their eBay store and waited when eBay done their 15% off selected sellers. Cheers.

Dodgexander

Recently purchased a refurbished UB820 for £187 on their eBay outlet store and it came flawless. No scratches or dents. 12 months warranty as well. Excellent value. Highly recommended. Thanks to this thread for the knowledge or their eBay store and waited when eBay done their 15% off selected sellers. Cheers.
Great! I bought my old UB900 from them in a similar deal. They have some great deals on source devices too. I'm sure they will have some nicely discounted UB9000 soon too ;)

martin 39

Recently brought a 50gx800 tv for my daughter of this site for £375 it was basically brand new. Just some panasonic tape along the top. Brilliant tv for the money

Dodgexander

Only a one year guarantee ?
Important to remember that you only get a 1 year guarantee with all new TVs. Anything extra is an incentive by the shop selling a free extended warranty with the TV. You can also buy your own extended warranty if you wanted to, separately.

JSWolf

And if you are not careful, you can end up with a Vestel TV. NO thnks.There's no way I'd buy such rubbish TVs.

podgey3874

Was that grade c as well ? Feedback on them is questionable

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett