1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RA-71

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Grubert, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Has anyone seen/heard/bought this player? How does it compare to other DVD-A players?
    (Especially to its cousin, the Technics DVD-A10).

I was thinking of buying the Toshiba SD500 (or its successor, the SD510), but I'm looking also at other options.

Cheers.

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Grubert ...
    B4 you think that no one cares I have mused over an upgrade to DVD-A in the last few months having bought a few DVD-A discs and been suitably impressed with what I can hear on my DVD-V player - The thought that DVD-A would be substantially better really got my interest ...
    I looked at the Tosh 500 and it looks the business but just as I was about to get one the Panny 71 you mentioned came along and now I'm waiting to see what reviews it gets first ...
    BTW have you noticed that there is only a trickle of DVD-A software releases ? I thought it would be welcomed with open arms and there would be alot of interest but it has all the makings of another audiophile niche product like DTS Audio - Just my opinion of course ...
    Let me know what you decide & how you get on
    Paul ;)

3. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Not to mention the fate of MiniDisc and other formats now defunct because of low acceptance by the public and/or no support by the industry.

Oh well, if DVD-A bombs at least we'll have a fine DVD-V player in our rooms. :rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted.