1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Qlink Connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by premiercomms, Oct 12, 2004.

1. premiercomms

premiercomms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    I've read and searched hundreds of postings and I'm still confused over my connections on my new Panasonic Viera 37" and the panasonic e55 DVD recorder!

I'm stuck trying to figure out the connections to make QLINK work, I have a Sky box (not sky+) and viera and a the E55 recorder.
    The Sky box is connected to Viera AV1 and the E 55 to AV3 both on scart and component leads. Acccording to the Viera and the E55 manuals the Qlink needs to have connections to AV2 (or 4) to function but the instructions show the best connections for the E55 is on AV3!

Can anyone help me sort the connection setup or suggest options ?

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I think you maybe confused...

The 3rd SCART in the line at the back of the TV is AV4. When you press the blue button, on the remote control, you can toggle between AV4 (SCART at back) and AV4C (Component). The TV will auto recognise a RGB input via the SCART AV4. So if you have your DMR-E55 plugged into this socket, then you need to set your Viera to activate Q-Link via AV4.

AV3 is reserved for all the connections under the front flap, i.e. composite input, S-video or VGA via 15pin D-sub. Pressing the yellow button toggles between AV3, AV3S and AV3PC.

Hope that makes some sense.

S.

3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree. My E55 is scart(And Comp) to AV4. Q link worked 1st time.

4. premiercomms

premiercomms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve

You're right it is AV4 not 3, my mistake....too many AV connections and 8 sleepless hours have passed trying to suss this out :laugh:

So I'll look in the menus and try to set QLINK on AV4 on the Viera this evening, thanks for your quick reply

5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    No problem :)

Good luck getting it sorted :D

S.