Panasonic PZ85 Problem?

glenann

Hi There. I think I have a problem with my new PZ80. I got it last Thursday 1st May. I've watched about 3 Hi-Def movies. I noticed on I Am Legend some strange colour in the background, but thought it was just the transfer. I had virgin V+ cable installed yesterday and now I'm seeing some purple patches on certain scenes! On the BBC HD channel, there was a scene from the show about India, and as it showed the sun, there was a purple line around it and straching across the screen.

Has anyne seen this before or know what it is? Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

glenann

Sorry, it's a PZ80. Mods can you change the title please. Thanks. :oops:

glenann

Has no one else seen this? Or do you think I have a problem, or just a setup issue?

Cheers

audiphile76

On the BBC HD channel, there was a scene from the show about India, and as it showed the sun, there was a purple line around it and straching across the screen.

Has anyne seen this before or know what it is? Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Maybe the sun in India is like that :eek:.

Just kiddin, are you sure you have Noise Reductions(P-NR), 3D Comb and Color Management settings etc switched off? Maybe that could be the cause.

100%WHU

Novice Member
If you search purple snakes, you will find a few threads talking about this on Panny PX60's. Thats what it sounds like, my px60 is away being repaired exactly for that reason.

glenann

Maybe the sun in India is like that :eek:.

Just kiddin, are you sure you have Noise Reductions(P-NR), 3D Comb and Color Management settings etc switched off? Maybe that could be the cause.

Having never been to India, you may be right! :D

All the settings you've suggested are off, so it's not that. But thanks for the advice.

glenann

If you search purple snakes, you will find a few threads talking about this on Panny PX60's. Thats what it sounds like, my px60 is away being repaired exactly for that reason.

I've just been into the Panasonic shop, and as it's only a week old, they're going to swap it for me. The guy said it could be something to do with the internal colour calibration. It can be tweaked in the service menu, but I'm not going to monkey about with that!

I'll let you know how I get on when I get the new one.

Cheers

glenann

So as promised, whether you're interested or not, I said I'd let you know when I got my new screen!

Well the problem of the purple patches...... has gone!! I can't really believe it tbh. I thought it would be the same and that I'd have to live with it, or knowing me, have to wrangle and get my money back. Instead I can now enjoy it.

So it seems that there are inconsistancies between panels, what a pain in the backside. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom