Panasonic PZ80B damaged

stigdu

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've got a 42" PZ80B which I bought from John Lewis, which I believe is now discontinued (please correct me if I'm wrong!), as it was followed by the PZ81 and G10 series of TVs.

Does anyone know what JL's policy is regarding part-exchanging in order to upgrade to one of the newer Panasonic models? Or if my set was faulty, and they didn't have the same model replacement, would they swap it for a slightly newer model?

Thanks in advance.

Can't see them doing a part exhange at all. Why would they?

If your set is faulty they would try and repair it first. The title says its damaged. How so?

It would probably depend on the damage, I've seen a fair few accepted exchanges for newer models if the same one isn't available, but they might just make you pay the difference. It's under warranty though so you might be able to get something, free repair at least

when did you buy it? how many dead pixels and where abouts? One or two dead pixels isn't considered faulty but JL are normally pretty good about them.

Another thought, how long have you had it? If it's still under a certain period (possibly a month?) they might directly replace it...then again they may make you pay the extra :(

Bought April 2008, only 2 problem pixels.... guess I'll leave it or maybe try to sell it and get the new G10 model.

You might be able to get a replacement, it probably depends on the person you deal with as much as anything. If they say that they operate on whatever Panasonic say you wont get anything but I have seen people return sets for one dead pixel at Richer Sounds (it's not John Lewis of course)

I've got a 42" PZ80B which I bought from John Lewis, which I believe is now discontinued (please correct me if I'm wrong!), as it was followed by the PZ81 and G10 series of TVs.

Does anyone know what JL's policy is regarding part-exchanging in order to upgrade to one of the newer Panasonic models? Or if my set was faulty, and they didn't have the same model replacement, would they swap it for a slightly newer model?

Thanks in advance.
If the set is faulty and cant be repaired they would give you todays equivalent set (42S10) and they would normally allow you to trade up by paying extra (42G10)

Then again, as the set is over a year old, I think you'll have a fight on your hands.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom