Panasonic PZ80 and ideal settings for HDTV

hellsoul87

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I have been doing a lot of searches in the past days and I've come up with some doubts. Almost everyone agree that cinema/warm settings should be the way to go when talking about picture settings.

Now let me say that my panny th46pz80 is in a big living room which is really well illuminated especially during the day. I'm saying this because probably ambient lightning is a big factor here. Another thing is that I'm mainly interested in SkyHD television picture since I mostly use my tv for watching HD Sports.

Until now I've been always using normal/normal settings and switching my tv to cinema/warm looked odd at first, especially cuz everything looked too yellow.
Now while I admit colours look more real (they say like this is more D65 close) comparing to normal/eco during the day is still devastating since cinema/warm looks like colours are darker and opaque while normal is much more brilliant. Do I still need to tweak contrast/bright/colour etc. for best results?

I found reviews which say to go with cinema/warm but maybe they are referring especially to blurays and dvds?

What are your settings for HDTV?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom