Panasonic PZ700 50" who is waiting with me!

contrakid

Standard Member
After reading and reading and reading these forums, LCD and PLASMA, i think i will wait for the Panasonic PZ700 50".

LCD just isn't there yet for me with the slow refresh rates and sony having its cloudy blacks etc.

Plus SD picture quality is very important to me and from what i have seen of PX70 plus other Panasonic Plasma TV's i think it will be a winner.

I'm sure the PX70 and 700 will be very nice and i am very tempted by them but with this set just round the corner i think i would be stupid not to wait.

Anyway i found this today about it and just wanted to make sure anyone else waiting got to see it as i found it very interesting and have not seen a link to it here yet.

http://www.panasonic-europe.com/news_read.aspx?id=2242

All good things come to those who wait... Tap, Tap, Tap!

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
£2700. Hmmm. i`m needing a new display now, i want to wait to compare this to the new 8th gen pio, but this will be 1080p for probably about the same money, maybe even cheaper, so i think this is possibly going to be first choice, but i`m not sure when pioneer will make the 508xd available.

contrakid

Standard Member
Hopefully more like £2400 online and then loose the VAT at work etc. :)

ndenbow

The marketing blurb sounds interesting, especially the 1080p processing capability. I think you should wait for one of the capable mags/sites to review it before putting down your cash. I think Pioneer are also bringing out a new summer range, which you should seriously consider.

I was tempted by the 42" version of the PZ700 (I know you are look at the 50) and I'm still not convinced 1080p is giving me much on a 42". Lots of the guys on the forums are saying 720p/1080i is sufficient for 42", and I think I would rather spend the extra money on better HD source (hd-dvd / bluray drive). I think the 42PZ700 is RRP£2499 - ouch!

I am still convinced plasma is the right was to go though. I have a 3-year-old viera 42" SD plasma unit, and I still think it's the D's B's, but I've got the point where I want HD movies/sports/games (in that order). I will keep the SD Viera for elsewhere in the house, there's no way I'm letting that beauty go for a song. There is plenty of choice for LCD, but I find the quality woeful at times. The new 1080p Sony Bravia LCD is OK but I've seen a few running and frankly, I wasn't impressed.

Good luck with your decision.

Inked

Distinguished Member
I'm going to go for the 42" version, only really want it so that my sources are subjected to less scaling than they are at the moment

pjskel

Dont quite follow your logic there - both 42 and 50" panels are 1920x1080, so the same scaling is done on both.
If you can afford it and are able to sit the recommended distance away from the TV, then why not get the 50"?

contrakid

Standard Member
Think he is talking about his old Plasma etc. etc.

Cabo 5150

I'm really anticipating the PZ700 also; but I've heard there will not be a 1:1 pixel matching option (overscan only). This would be a deal breaker for me...

petes

What?? Tell me you're joking?

I heard that rumour also - rumour only of course, but remember this is the consumer unit - I think we're all waiting for the TH-42(or 50)PF10.....

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
Of course there won't, never has been before on the consumer model so why now??
It will be the commercial version that offers this.

Cold blooded

Will the 700 series do true 1080p/24fps. . .or do I have to wait for 8th generation Pioneer (at an unknown price point and release schedule)

contrakid

Standard Member
Why is the PZ700 MAX 5,000:1 contrast and the PX700 MAX 10,000:1 contrast?

Think its to save power as every pixel in a Plasma has to be charged and a 1080p set has double the pixels of a 720p set.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
i just hope there aren`t any green flashes with 360 gaming ! If there is, it`s a no buy for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow