• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic PX700 - Anti Reflective coating????

GerryH3

I seem to remember some web reports on Panasonics new model launch mentioning that the PX700 models would have an anti reflective coating.

However, there's no mention of this on Panasonic's UK website or in the downloadable brochure.

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time the full spec hasn't been listed on the official site though.

Does anyone have any info on whether the 700's will include this feature?

kgroenhoej

Standard Member
Yep - they have it.

Found these pictures in a Danish forum

http://www.recordere.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23161&PN=1

2007-04-22_122550_HPIM0712.JPG

2007-04-22_123638_HPIM0697.JPG

Not mine...

GerryH3

Thanks for that.:smashin:

My set will be beside a window which gives quite a bit of reflection on my existing CRT at times so the anti-reflective coating would probably persuade me to fork out a bit extra for the PX700 over the PX70.

CHFels

Yep - they have it.

. . .
Not mine...

Hooray!! :clap: Finally, some confirmation of the Yeti-like anti-glare coating's existence! :thumbsup:

The probability that I buy a Panasonic soon just skyrocketed. But I'm still tempted by the new Samsung Q97, which is much cheaper and has similar specs to the PX700 . . .

CHFels

Gussie

But it's useless, because as you can see from the pics - the bezel still relects as bad as ever - so you end up with a reflecting frame all around your screen.

Utterly useless - just a gimmick to get you to part with extra cash.

There is also some debate about how PQ is affected by the antiglare coating.

Gussie :)

Black Adder

But it's useless, because as you can see from the pics - the bezel still relects as bad as ever - so you end up with a reflecting frame all around your screen.

Utterly useless - just a gimmick to get you to part with extra cash.

There is also some debate about how PQ is affected by the antiglare coating.

The extremely glossy surround on the PX70 is a total pain and COMPLETELY unnecessary. So stupid of Panasonic to have made it so. Mine picks up reflections from everything in the room almost all the time. Ridiculous.

Apparently there is some talk that the PX700 A/R coating reduces black level performance.

Having looked at all the pics on that Danish site, i must say that I like the look of the bezel as it effectively makes the TV have the same size bezel all around. The PX70 surround is a little strange when you live with it as it has a much wider bottom part.

It may be worth ordering one if they are available soon so I can use JL28 for my PX70 if I prefer the 700.

Any reduction in actual screen reflectivity would be good for me as I have a window to the side of the TV.

Not sure about the silver bottom part of the screen. As for the CAB, you can forget that.....looks absolutely terrible! I'd get the PED.

GerryH3

Yeah, it would probably have been better if thet had given the 700's a matt finish.

However, I think I could live with reflections from the bezel as long as the screen could be viewed in sunlight without any direct reflections.

Black Adder

the cab looks sweet when you have plenty of jet black kit stacked underneath it :)

Possibly with the PX70, but the PX700 CAB has silver sides and looks ridiculous.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom