panasonic px70 confirmed as px60 ..but in black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch 73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i have just spoke to panasonic uk as i have the purple snakes on my new 2 day old TH42PX70CAB as this was an exchange from a faulty px60 from same company...and also a panasonic engineer from A E chapmans in stourbridge also confirmed that the px70 is just a px60 in a new body (black)....

im now getting a refund from empire direct as they are picking the tv up tuesday and then they will refund my card...:thumbsup:

But the PX70 is different in that it has a different panel, is that not so ?

And Panasonic must have reworked some of the internal components as I understand that the PX70 is fanless whilst the PX60 comes with fans.

So in what way is it the same ?

But the PX70 is different in that it has a different panel, is that not so ?

And Panasonic must have reworked some of the internal components as I understand that the PX70 is fanless whilst the PX60 comes with fans.

So in what way is it the same ?

im just going by what A E chapmans and panansonic have said...

they use they same screen and same d-boards or something like that....

im still not put off by the tv as i still love it ...im just going to buy from differant retailer as john lewis said they will price match empire direct....just got to wait for a phone call..........

killswitch, so what you are saying is that some joe bloggs engineer knows Panasonic R&D dept inside out does he?

I suppose he custom built the new chipset inside it, and sing handedly made the new G10 panel from an old px60 he had lying around in his shed.

what a load of ****** that is, I think I will trust the Panasonic website thanks.

You are doing a good job of putting people off what is essentially the best Plasma on the market under £1000. A lot of people look on these forums before deciding, and you have not stopp s@agging it off for best part of 24hrs - and yet you are going to get a new model you say!?

Look i undrstand your frustration man, I would be ****** as well. But now you are just spreading blatant propaganda by suggesting that the set is a px60 in black.

That is just trolling ** man, get a grip and leave it alone............the new set is NOT the same as a px60. It is an upgrade in a few areas, only minor but upgrades none the less.

Perhaps you should get over to www.hdtvtest.co.uk and educate yourself before you spread more ** on here mate

killswitch, so what you are saying is that some joe bloggs engineer knows Panasonic R&D dept inside out does he?

I suppose he custom built the new chipset inside it, and sing handedly made the new G10 panel from an old px60 he had lying around in his shed.

what a load of ****** that is, I think I will trust the Panasonic website thanks.

You are doing a good job of putting people off what is essentially the best Plasma on the market under £1000. A lot of people look on these forums before deciding, and you have not stopp ******* it off for best part of 24hrs - and yet you are going to get a new model you say!?

Look i undrstand your frustration man, I would be ****** as well. But now you are just spreading blatant propaganda by suggesting that the set is a px60 in black.

That is just trolling ** man, get a grip and leave it alone............the new set is NOT the same as a px60. It is an upgrade in a few areas, only minor but upgrades none the less.

Perhaps you should get over to www.hdtvtest.co.uk and educate yourself before you spread more ** on here mate

Oh dear :rolleyes:

The engineer in question is only a service engineer who Panasonic use. It doesn't mean that he knows everything; he probably knows sod all and only knows how to fix basic stuff.

It's diffiucult to find an honest person these days, and some people think they know everything & will come out with all sorts of rubbish.

As mentioned the screen is different for starters. Some bits & bobs inside the TV are probably the same as used in the PX60. Only way of knowing would be to take the back cover off both the PX70 & PX60 and have a look.

As there are no fans a number of components must be differently speced in order to cope with any increase in temperature and so on.

yeah exactly, just like your average IT ops guy at work who thinks he personally knows Bill Gates.

I am sure at the next Panny R&D budget meeting they will of course decide not to upgrade the px70, just make the px80 silver and put fans in it!! :rotfl:

it is just a ridiculous notion to think a company the size of Panny would even consider it, yes some components will be the same, but for the MAIN components they wil be new. Its called ensuring you keep your place in the market.

You are doing a good job of putting people off what is essentially the best Plasma on the market under £1000. A lot of people look on these forums before deciding, and you have not stopp ******* it off for best part of 24hrs - and yet you are going to get a new model you say!?

calm the **** down im just saying what i have been told ....if its going to bother you that much then get a moderator to remove this thread..........

im not saying i believe him far from it ..people should know what i have been told if that ******** you off then donrt post on here....

im here to help people and dont want them to go thru what i have been thru....and by all accounts im not the only 1 ...

calm the fudge down im just saying what i have been told ....if its going to bother you that much then get a moderator to remove this thread..........

im not saying i believe him far from it ..people should know what i have been told if that p******s you off then donrt post on here....

im here to help people and dont want them to go thru what i have been thru....and by all accounts im not the only 1 ...so kiss my ass

Personally I think it's nonsense - the PX70 is clearly a new set with a new plasma panel and new chipset, as stated on the reviews done so far and the panasonic specs.

Appreciate that the original poster has had a bad experience but to post what seems to be to be an provocative and false statement will put many potential buyers off unnecessarily, is a tad extreme.

haha yeah whatever, you just look a right pranny with your non stop whining.........................

whats your next thread called?

CONFIRMED! PANASONIC ENGINEER CONFIRMS PX70 MADE BY STARVING AFRICAN CHILDREN

:rotfl:

How can it be same. Px70 is Vreal 2 and the px60 is just Vreal

Now now children, play nice or not at all.
Seriously, I don't think KS has managed to kill sales of the PX70 - it's easy to see he's wound himself up something shocking due to his dealings with ED.
It's a shame, but sometimes it happens.
Now that the matter is practically resolved, he'll chill out of the weekend knowing it's being picked up on Tuesday, and he'll get a better level of service and a fully working model from JL - one hopes.
So let's leave the slagging matches to other forums, who do it so much better.

haha yeah whatever, you just look a right pranny with your non stop whining.........................

whats your next thread called?

CONFIRMED! PANASONIC ENGINEER CONFIRMS PX70 MADE BY STARVING AFRICAN CHILDREN

:rotfl:

Right I think that's enough :nono:

Don't think we should be screaming at each other in the forum. People who need to be shouted at are the manufacturer and/or retailer.

As for the notion that a company such as Panasonic wouldn't consider going 'backwards' cannot be dismissed.

Although the PX70 may be a new TV, it certainly has been downgraded from the PX60 in a few departments :

- a number of useful connections have disappeared
- a measley headphone socket which the PX60 had has been scrubbed from the PX70

In addition Panasonic is even prepared to fiddle with the same model so that it doesn't offer the same features as it does in other European markets. Would be interesting to know their reasons for doing this as I can't see any logical reason.

ok ok! lol i am only havin a crack, I am sure they have cut costs in certain areas, but the notion that the important stiuff ie.e the chipset, and panel are the same as the px60 is just not plausible, especially when their website says as much.

but lest leave it at that, didnt mean to cause any offence, was just getting hacked off with thread after going on about the same issue..........:smashin:

Thread closed. Language and behaviour like this will get more appropriately dealt with should it continue elsewhere. You know who you are. :lesson:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom