Panasonic PX60 Settings Thread

Thanks for the advice, Joe and Golf punk!! i'm sure i can find a few people to help me set it up! I move into my new place on monday so will hopefully have it all setup within the next week and will post back to let you know how its all going!

Roland - i ordered it from www.digitaldirect.co.uk - 1st week of januaray. So i'm not sure they've got any left as it was by far the best price i could find! Might be worth giving them a ring as last time i spoke to them they had loads of TV's in, they were just waiting for a shipment of of peds. But be prepared to sit on hold for 10 or 15 minutes before getting through!

Thanks again for your help.

Contagious

Congrats on your purchase BTW, you'll not be disappointed!:smashin:

I agree PQ really is a matter of personal taste.

With me, I really don't like an over-bright, highly-coloured 'artificial' picture.

So for me I find the most 'realistic' image settings are:

contrast = ~30

Brightness = ~25

colour = ~25

sharpness = ~30

colour balance = normall

All other processing = off

To my eyes this produces one of the best pictures I've ever seen!

Luck, Joe.

On NORMAL or CINEMA Joe ?

Bit if a random one here - just had an email from digitaldirect.co.uk (where i've ordered my 42px60 from) saying that the pedastals have been discontinued. So my only option is go with the cabinet stand, which i didn't really want to use becuase i have a perfectly good unit with everything already in place! so i might order the pedastal from Amazon. Would anyone be interested in the cabinet stand?

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place....

Squirrel

Sorry forgot, viewing mode is normal.

The missus originally complained my setting were a bit on the dark side, but now she loves the PQ too.
To me these setting give a great all-round picture, bright scenes are nicely lit & dark scenes are (er) black.

Another tip, I tend to watch TV & (especially) movies with the lights down with only a side-lamp (slightly to the rear of the screen to minimise reflections) which also gives a nice PQ enhancement.

Best of all the plasma has never needed a 'burn-in' because of the settings!
Xbox360 in use from day 1, superb also. Indeed running GOW, I've even found myself stopping mid-slaughter just to look around & admire the scenery!!

Contagious, sell you cabinet on ebay. They've been going for ~£150 on there!
Note that you can also source the basic stand from the Continent for as low as £20-30. The P/N is TY-ST42P60W. This cheaper option was never offered in (rip-off) britain. I posted a link about this a few days ago. Do a search for my posts in this forum over the last week.

Joe.

Contagious

Congrats on your purchase BTW, you'll not be disappointed!:smashin:

I agree PQ really is a matter of personal taste.

With me, I really don't like an over-bright, highly-coloured 'artificial' picture.

So for me I find the most 'realistic' image settings are:

contrast = ~30

Brightness = ~25

colour = ~25

sharpness = ~30

colour balance = normall

All other processing = off

To my eyes this produces one of the best pictures I've ever seen!

Luck, Joe.

Where do the numbers come from please? Are these percentages of the tuning bar - a measured guess??

Cheers, Beeem

Note that you can also source the basic stand from the Continent for as low as £20-30. The P/N is TY-ST42P60W. This cheaper option was never offered in (rip-off) britain. I posted a link about this a few days ago. Do a search for my posts in this forum over the last week.

Joe.

Thanks for the tip Joe! I'll have a look now.

WOW! just found the 'H' stand (P/N is TY-ST42P60W) for 20 euros! just gota learn german to sort out postage!

I'm getting my PX60 tomorrow and after reading some of the previous posts there seem to be conflicting views on some things. If I follow the recommendations for settings, ie cinema mode, Contrast, Brightness and Colour at about 35% and avoid leaving static images on screen for too long should I be okay? Also, I'm hooking up my Xbox 360, should I wait until the TV is 'run-in' before I start playing, or just limit my game time?

Just ordered the TH-42PX60WALL from Gultronics £880.00 inc vat and del. :thumbsup: I give up looking for the perfect plasma/lcd considered everything out there, but decided the way things are going in three years time I will be looking a change again, so it would be silly to spend £1400.00 + now as it would be a waste. thanks to all who took the time to give their opinions on this set, at least I got the perfect price :D I have a RD-XS32 - Recordable DVD and NTL should I connect the NTL to TV VIA the RD-XS32, I also have a HP laptop with a Radeon x600 GRX card, anyone any ideas as to how I should be connecting this also ?

regards.

could someone tell me if there is any other sky codes for the tv?

I tried 0051 - but it dosent work (sky hd control).

Can anyone comment on recommended settings for PV60 vs. PX60? I have the 42PV60EH, and from what I've read, this is just the Central European version of the 42PX60 w/out digital tuner. But the OSD is definitely different -- people mention settings like -15 or +15, but I don't have increments marked on my settings bars, and they also don't all have a range of 30 steps. Some settings seem missing or named differently also. For example, I don't have the deep blacks setting people mention sometimes.

Can anyone give advice specific to this model?

Thanks!

J

Can anyone comment on recommended settings for PV60 vs. PX60? I have the 42PV60EH, and from what I've read, this is just the Central European version of the 42PX60 w/out digital tuner. But the OSD is definitely different -- people mention settings like -15 or +15, but I don't have increments marked on my settings bars, and they also don't all have a range of 30 steps. Some settings seem missing or named differently also. For example, I don't have the deep blacks setting people mention sometimes.
It's the US models that have -15 - +15 (or similar) range and enhanced black level setting. Euro models have only bars without any numerical scale and fixed blacks.

Quite natural settings that I use are:
Normal mode
Contrast, Brightness, Color and Sharpness on dead center (just put the sharpness on three clicks from minimum and align the others with it).
Colour temperature Normal (actually Warm would give you even more natural color response, but many seem to prefer the normal anyway).
All noise reduction and color management settings off.

Start with these and tweak to suit your personal taste and room lighting.

Hi

Just had my 50px60 delivered but I am seriously struggling to get into the service menu have followed the directions in the posting on page 2 analogue channel 99, bass to max, treble to min press V/I on panel slightly after index on remote but all it is doing is moving the channel down to 98 when pressing V/I.
I have tried about 10x and somehow got into self test mode.

Any help appreciated what am I doing wrong ?!!

Hi

Just had my 50px60 delivered but I am seriously struggling to get into the service menu have followed the directions in the posting on page 2 analogue channel 99, bass to max, treble to min press V/I on panel slightly after index on remote but all it is doing is moving the channel down to 98 when pressing V/I.
I have tried about 10x and somehow got into self test mode.

Any help appreciated what am I doing wrong ?!!

Waisal, when I first tried it I got into self test mode by pressing the "i" button instead of the index button under the yellow one. Make sure you are holding down the index button and the television is picking up the signal from the remote then press the V/I button on the front panel. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike

Managed to get to service menu :thumbsup:
Now I have seen it and looked at both service menus 1 and 2
Where in the service menu do I find how long the panel has been running ?

Thanks Mike

Managed to get to service menu :thumbsup:
Now I have seen it and looked at both service menus 1 and 2
Where in the service menu do I find how long the panel has been running ?

It should be the very last one on Service Menu 2. Can't remember the exact wording but hours is contained in the words.

Squirrel

Sorry forgot, viewing mode is normal.

The missus originally complained my setting were a bit on the dark side, but now she loves the PQ too.
To me these setting give a great all-round picture, bright scenes are nicely lit & dark scenes are (er) black.

Another tip, I tend to watch TV & (especially) movies with the lights down with only a side-lamp (slightly to the rear of the screen to minimise reflections) which also gives a nice PQ enhancement.

Best of all the plasma has never needed a 'burn-in' because of the settings!
Xbox360 in use from day 1, superb also. Indeed running GOW, I've even found myself stopping mid-slaughter just to look around & admire the scenery!!

Joe.

Yep but after playing the 360 put the TV onto a blank AV channel and can you see any after image when up close to the TV? I know I defo can and my settings are very low on cinema :)

Can anyone tell me if I have to adjust any settings on my tv to get my dvd player to work with a component cable????

Thought it would be plug and play but it doesnt work????

Thanks

Matt

Plug and play does not work with my set-up. To get my DVD player to work with component I have to set the DVD player to output as component and also select component - using the colour buttons - on the television.

Hope this helps.

I am correct in thinking that the native res for the 50PX60 is 720p so it is better to have my Denon 1920 and Xbox 360 set to 720p?

Plug and play does not work with my set-up. To get my DVD player to work with component I have to set the DVD player to output as component and also select component - using the colour buttons - on the television.

Hope this helps.

2 the OP

Component cannot handle the switching signal - only RGB (fully wired) Scart and HDMI can do that. Though if its a 1920, you should really be using HDMI anyway to get that 720p native. Makes the DVD text pin sharp :smashin:

Hi All,

IWhen i connect my NTSC camcorder to the telly i only get sound No picture :-(

Can anyone help please?

Hi All,

IWhen i connect my NTSC camcorder to the telly i only get sound No picture :-(

Can anyone help please?

How are you connecting it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom