Panasonic PX60 HDMI Select Message Keeps Appearing....

-=Rob=-

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My 37" PX60 has started doing something odd and quite annoying recently. Every so often, at random intervals the top left display that shows the AV input you are on when you first change over keeps appearing and stays for around 10-20secs then vanishes. I've only noticed it watching SKY HD and it keeps popping up "EC/HDMI1" then goes again...

Now I'm not sure if it's the TV, SKY HD box or HDMI cable. I'm not sure it's the cable as the sound and picture is fine, so initially I thought I'd post up in the plasma section to see if anyone else had this or heard of it before?

My 37" PX60 has started doing something odd and quite annoying recently. Every so often, at random intervals the top left display that shows the AV input you are on when you first change over keeps appearing and stays for around 10-20secs then vanishes. I've only noticed it watching SKY HD and it keeps popping up "EC/HDMI1" then goes again...

Now I'm not sure if it's the TV, SKY HD box or HDMI cable. I'm not sure it's the cable as the sound and picture is fine, so initially I thought I'd post up in the plasma section to see if anyone else had this or heard of it before?

It may not be the same thing, but have you tried pressing the remote 'i' button to bring up the input, and then pressing it again to remove it?

It may not be the same thing, but have you tried pressing the remote 'i' button to bring up the input, and then pressing it again to remove it?

No I've not tried this, but as the message keeps appearing and vanishing at will I'm not sure this is it. Will have a try later mind you... Thanks

Right, tried a few things last night such as new HDMI cables and trying different devices into different HDMI inputs on the TV. It still comes up initially EC/HDMI when you select the input as it should do in a black square, but after the black square vanishes, EC/HDMI stays on screen in white text for around 20 seconds. The TV never used to do this until the last week or so... Any ideas chaps?

You could try a performing a self test, simultaneously press -/V on the TV front panel and i on the remote control, wait for a few seconds and and then switch off using the On/Off switch on the TV. This may not help but it's worth try as it clears up a problem with the service menu always being displayed at switch on.

You could try a performing a self test, simultaneously press -/V on the TV front panel and i on the remote control, wait for a few seconds and and then switch off using the On/Off switch on the TV. This may not help but it's worth try as it clears up a problem with the service menu always being displayed at switch on.

Thanks Ray - This did the trick :smashin:

Just to add, this procedure just worked for me too. I had a similar issue appear after over a year of faultless operation.

Anyway, thanks for the tip rayferry, it was really getting on my nerves!

I realise it's a long time since these were posted, but I have recently had this problem and have been referred to this forum from the Humax Forum.
All I can say is that it worked and the HDMI logo has disappeared.
Thanks for that

Norman.

Ditto for me! Many thanks, just found this post and the solution worked for my Panasonic Viera TX32LXD60 LCD TV also.

Sorry for digging up an old topic, but wanted to add my model number to the thread so hopefully it comes up in future searches for people with the same TV as me.

Cheers,

:smashin:

Thanks for the advice, which worked for me. My problem was with a Panasonic TH-42PX70 Plasma, with a Sky HD box connected via the normal HDMI lead, which I outline below:

Every few hours there was an on-screen notice in the top left hand corner, which stated “EC SAT“ for about three seconds. This repeated every 30 seconds and was most annoying. Furthermore, the menu buttons on the handset got very sluggish or did not work at all. If I turned the set off for a minute, all was fine for a few hours again.

I hope that this adds to the font of knowledge and helps others with a similar problem.

Again thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

This worked with my Panasonic TH42PX700, but a word of caution: it also reset all of my settings. It would be worth making a note of things like whether you have it in Dynamic or Auto view, for example, and what your contrast and sharpness settings are, so that you can put them back in once you've done this.

The most important thing, though, is that it stopped the EC/Sat message from popping up constantly, and resolved the issue of the volume controls not working properly. Thanks!

Also seems to have worked with my TX 32 ------- and also fixed the volume control which wasn't working either. thanks a lot!

Unfortunately this seems to fix it for a week or so and then the problem reoccurs. Does anyone know of any alternative ways to fix this permanently?

Well it only last 3 hours for me. Now it's back again.

EC/HDMI1 message keeps appearing on screen.I know this is years since this was first opened, but I've had the problem for a couple of years at least. Self test works for a while, switch off and on sometimes works, maybe even the "i" button on the TV remote sometimes works (although last time I did this, the TV switched itself off and then came on straight away. So my question is… has anybody ever found a permanent solution? (Other than buying a different TV!)
Note I'm connecting Humax, so the fault is within TV and not the connected equipment, and I've swapped HDMI cables.

2019 and this just solved a problem I had been ignoring for about 8 years. Thank you if you are still alive.

Wow a real blast from the past for sure. Still not pushing up daisies đź‘Ť

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom