Panasonic PX / PZ

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Steve Adlem, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Steve Adlem

Steve Adlem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Going to be purchasing a 42" Plasma in next couple of days. I have seen the Panasonic TH 42PX70ped and TH 42PZ70ped. About £200ish plus for the Z version.

Is it worth the extra ?
    Are these good buys?

I am only going by the What HiFi reviews.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. The_1_And_Only

The_1_And_Only

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The PZ model is full HD where as the PX is HD ready, the PZ has speakers at the side where as the PX has them underneath so the PZ is slightly wider. I think the finishes on the 2 sets are different, the PZ is a shiny piano black where as the PX is a normal black finish. I think the PZ produces more colour at 68 billion where the PX produces 29 billion. Both have the same contrast ratio of 10,000:1

The PZ has a SD memory card slot where the PX doesn`t and the PZ has a few more inputs, both are great at producing an excellent picture. Just go onto the pannasonic site and compare the 2 specs, you wouldn`t be dissapointed with either.

3. MazsterUk

MazsterUk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    If the PZ has full hd ie 1080p i would get that as it would fully utilise the hd content.

Cheers

m

4. rwniel

rwniel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    You didn't mention your sources (both current and the immediate future) so that can be a consideration; the 'PZ' is more futureproofed should you wish to eek out every last pixel from full hd content. Both SD and HD content looks pretty good on both. I would suggest you go and look at both models in the flesh to see which you prefer. One option is to use the saving and either put it towards a surround sound system or additional source. These are both popular models, so you'll find a lot of threads discussing these two televisions if you use the search (including from owners of each to help you set up whichever model you choose since this makes a big difference to the picture quality).

Robert