Panasonic pwt420 won’t read bd-r solved

arrow707

Standard Member
I have bought 2x pwt420s specifically for playing unfinalised bd-r dl discs recorded on a bwt740 at my caravan.
One of them will read them the other won’t. I have tried pretty well everything on the one that won’t play, including looking at the bd drive to see if it’s not an oem one, any ideas please?

arrow707

Standard Member
The only difference I can see is the 420 that doesn’t read unfinalised bd-r ...s has a
Seagate hdd, the one that works has an hitachi and is slightly earlier manufacture may 2012. Also I don’t know the owner password for the demic machine. Anyone know how to reset this?

arrow707

Standard Member
I want to play unfinalised discs, as I sometimes just put a couple of things on to watch at the caravan and also prefer panas own direct navigator to finalised blu ray menu

arrow707

Standard Member
Well blow me, if it isn’t the obvious part. Just swapped the bd drives and the problem moves, and there I was thinking it was a complex hdd or eprom software/firmware issue caused by Panasonic’s over zealous copyright protection between machines. Maybe the drive is below par, will now look out for a spare machine. These are cheap on eBay and make a good all round recorder/blu ray player if you don’t need ability to archive.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom