1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD7 question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gunizzle, Feb 10, 2005.

1. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

This is my first post! ive been reading many threads about the PWD7 screen, i have about 2000 to spend, and i want to connect all the usual things to it, dvd player, xbox, sky, etc etc once ive bought the screen what other extras will i need to get all those things working happily on it?? Bearing in mind im not the most technical minded person but seeing as most of them connect to my TV by scart it will probably need 2/3 scart inputs.

HELP!!! :lease:

Cheers!!

2. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Start here, mate...

3. FatBoyii

FatBoyii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue, I got a PW7 from AV-Sales with a Quintro Box. I am very pleased with the performance of the screen and AV-Sales. I would have no problems recomending the Quintro to control the scarts. it auto switches without the need to use the remote, the only thing I need to do is hit input on the plasma when I switchfroman RGB signal to the s-Video feed from the VCR so the screen changes its setup.

4. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers fellas! Theres so much info to take in but it seems in general i cant go
    wrong with either a PW6 or a PW7, so i think ill take my chances there!!!

5. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    I agree there is!!!!

Although im set on a PW7 im going to look at one this weekend just to make sure im happy with the quality. You really need to look at these displays and view them yourself. What looks good to one person may not look as good to another.

At the moment im set on the deal from av sales for a silver pw7 and the mediabox, and if im happy with the demo this weekend ill be ordering on Monday first thing.

Dal

6. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just a point FYI. With RGB mode on panny you have no colour adjustment. Panny owners say it is not a problem but I'm not comfortable with it myself and it has made me hold off and look at others. Component does have colour adjust.