1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD7 NO signal through component!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GTi, Sep 25, 2005.

1. GTi

GTi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My problem is this. I can't get any picture (No signal) through my componentboard!

I have a: THE-42PWD7, compoboard TY-42TM6Z and Panasonic DVD-S295EG connected with the proper cable.

I checked the function of the DVD player and component cable on a TH-42PA30 and this works!

Any ideas what can be wrong???

Hellep appreciated :lease:

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    is the input on the pwd7 set to component?

3. SteveG

SteveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Does the PWD7 detect the component board - can you select the input with the remote?

If you can select it then your DVD player is probably set to output RGB instead of component. If you can't select the component input then try reseating the board.

4. GTi

GTi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I can select the input with the RC. When I select setup om the RC the Setup screen shows Component. My DVD player is also set to Component?

I tried the board in all the 3 slots -> No result. The only thing visable is the text No signal in the upper right corner.

Is there a easy way to check if the board is functioning ?

5. Goofy

Goofy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is the component board fully slotted into place and screwed down - just in case it is not making full contact with the screen.

Otherwise, you could test the screeen, by connecting your laptop or computer to the screen's direct imput - I assume that should show, whether it is a faulty screen or a faulty board.