• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic PWD7 advice...

Dan J

Established Member
Just after some advice regarding this as I'm not that great or up to speed on the technical side of things! I bought one of these a while back and it came with the Panasonic speakers that attach to each side of the screen which has been fine up till now.

The problem I have now is that I need to relocate the plasma and the area I want to move it to isn't quite wide enough to take the panel with the speakers attached but it is wide enough to take the panel alone minus the speakers.

So I'm wondering what alternatives I have if I was to remove the speakers. I have a Denon UD-M31 cd receiver nearby and was wondering if it was possible to connect the panel to that in any way so that the tv sound would then come from the Denon's speakers? But as mentioned I really don't know if that's viable or a complete no go!

Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks in advance...!

Dan.

Skupp

Standard Member
Hi Dan,

Do you have a Set Top Box or AV receiver?

The only audio connection on my pw6 seems to be Audio In. What you would need is a component that has Audio Out that you could then connect to the Denon.

The other thing you could try is buy longer speaker cable and position the original speakers elsewhere.

I wouldnt recommend connecting the Denon speakers directly to the plasma, unless it is similar in spec to the original panasonic ones (Ohms, Sensitivity, Watts, etc)

Not sure if there is any way to use your existing CD player to get sound from the TV.

Cheers,
Daniel.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
how do you connect your plasma up to your sources.

i have the same screen and have the sound coming through my amp and speakers.

Dal

Dan J

Established Member
Hi thanks for the replies...

In answer to your question/s the tv is currently connected to a Sky + box via the JS Tech RGB to VGA convertor and I have my dvd player going into the scart socket of the Sky + box.

Sounds like this is possible then... but how!

Skupp

Standard Member
I dont have a Sky+ box, but there should be an audio out connection on the back of the box.

On the back of your CD Receiver, there should be 2 stereo line in/audio in connections.

Connect the audio out to the one of the audio in connections from your CD Receiver.

I know this is a bit generic, but hopefully it makes sense.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Dan J

Established Member
Cheers Skupp I'll take a look when I'm home later. Would this also provide the sound for the dvd player as well then as the dvd player is connected via the Sky + box?

papa_flump

Established Member
Hello Dan J.... Was that my screen from Northampton?

Anyway.. if you use the JST RGB>VGA converter and have the vga cable coming from the box to the screen as the only input then it should be pretty stright forward...

There are two phono sockets next to the scart output on the jst box... simply use a phono lead from there to your amp and whatever audio is passed into the jst box through the scart will also be split-out into the two phono sockets.

When I had this set-up I had a selector box where all my video sources... sky, dvd ps2 etc... were connected (via scart)... and then only one scart was output to the JST box .... this way whatever I saw on the screen was also output through my amp.

Another option is to exten the cble on the side mounted speakers and hang them somewhere else!

Cheers

Dan J

Established Member
Hello mate yes indeed the very same screen, it's still going stong I'm glad to say!

Thanks for the reply. From what you've said hopefully it will be quite a simple thing to sort then. I'll have to get a phono lead to link the jst box to the stereo and hope that it all works!

So would I be right in thinking that as the dvd player is connected to the Sky + box and the Sky + box is connected to the tv via the jst box that the sound for dvd's would also play through the stereo?

Thanks again for your reply...

Dan.

papa_flump

Established Member
hello mate...

Glad to hear it's going well... My TH50PX70 packed up today :mad: It now has a horrible green line running through the screen... anyway they will be swapping it tomorrow :D

As for the sky/dvd thing.... I would think so as the main output to your tv when the dvd is on is forced through the sky box to the jst box... good luck...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom