1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD6BX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by STOWITBELOW, Nov 29, 2004.

1. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    An comments about use of this panel with Sky box as a tuner. Seems to be available reasonable price, I almost always view through sky & have an amp & speakers. Panasonic plasma teles seem recommended. The deal I've seen includes a scart board, am I better with another/a different board. Or am I just better with a different panel? Any conspicious bargains on this or any other similar? Thanks.

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The search button holds the answer.... Its been covered loads of times already ;)

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Derrr, I looked for reviews but never searched the forum! Bad boy dirty boy, on your bed!

4. lconnor

lconnor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add to this i have just got the panel last week and not to impressed with the picture from SKY or the DVD box for that matter using the SCART video board. Don't get me wrong its good but not as good as the 100Hz Sony Wega I just sold.

I have done a lot of reading from the postings but I really don't get a definate answer to what to do to get the best out the panel.

Most people seem to go on about using the JS VGA Converter to cnvert from the SCART to the monitor input. But other postings go on about how useless the SCART video board is and to use the composite board instead???

The problem is, is how geeky you get, I mean what is the REAL differnece between using the SCART card to the composite card to the JS converter????
    I want the best out of the panel but I have already spent about £1,500 on the panel and wasn't expecting to pay another £120 for the converter.

Any input would be great...
    Lee

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  6. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have sky+ with the pw6 with the js box and I am very very happ with the result. I have seen sky+ with a scart board and I could see a big difference. My thinking goes like this, if you spend 1500 on a screen, what on earth is the problem with spending just 120 on order to get the best picture? Just get the JS box and check out some of the posts concerning picture settings on your pw6 as they make a huge difference as well.

7. lconnor

lconnor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments...

I see your point on the spending another £120 on the JS converter...
    Is there any difference on the quality of the Sky+ signal to the normal SKY signal and was the picture that much better between the SCART and the converter??

Also ... anyone know where the best place the get the converter from (i.e. cheapest)?

8. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks chaps, I was particularly interested in your comment LEIGH as I too have a Sony CRT tele. I'm back with the dilema that reapears every Plasama price drop. Not so long ago £2k was required for a 'recommended' panel -last Christmas even Techwood were £2k. Now £1500 (ish) gets a Panasonic. I'm just sure they are not twice as good as my Sony (yet cost more than twice as much). I have a large screen RP TV also for 'cinema ' stuff. If some good makes were circa £1k I'm sure I'd weaken, but I'm getting closer every price drop.