1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD6 - is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stolt, Feb 2, 2004.

1. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Need some advice please

I'm was looking at selling of my old fujitsu 42inch plasma (bout 2 yrs old) and buying the Panasonic PWD6, I can get a really keen price on this from I dealer I bought my fujitsu off.... looking around £2300.00 plus delivery doesnt seem a bad price, they seem a good few hundred pound dearer on the net, it comes with a years manufactuers warranty. Is there any better plasma on the market at the moment at the same sort of price as the panasonic? I've seen one of these set up at his home and it looks very good. I have no worries about the dealer himself as I've known him a few years and watched him build his business up but he generally only supplies companies for screens at shows or conference rooms etc.

second dilema is that he's offered me £1850.00 for my old fujitsu, as I say it's two years old and has a wall bracket, can someone advise if thats a good price or reccomend somewhere I can sell it second hand. At the time the wall bracket alone was near on £400!!

Thanks for looking

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,227
    Does that price include anything else or just the screen ?

If so AV-Sales do a package with input board scart switcher, scart lead and stand or wall mount for £2600 !

3. deman77

deman77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say it's a great deal. I wouldn't want a 2yr old plasma for free. Don't know who'd buy a used one as they are old technology plus prices for new are coming down.

On top of that you get a good price for D6 panel. Keep in mind that SCART boards that are normally bundled in are rubbish and cost 130. You are much better off with RGB-VGA converter from JSTech 120+ cables or QED: Qsync 150 including cables. All you need is a universal wall bracket (150 but your dealer may swap you that for your fuji bracket) and a component board (90). I'd say 2300 is a good price on bare panel plus you are not stuffed with tons of useless freebies you need to resell.

go for it.

4. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for the replies, no it doesn't inc tuner, speakers, or stand, but he did say he would throw the floor stand in with it for £2300.00. I won't need the tuner because I'll contect to my sky box, also no need for speakers because I have some Tannoy speakers connected to a Sony strb940 amp.
    Like you say at least I managed to get rid of the old plasma although nothing is wrong with it, but it does look dated compared to the panny. It did worry me who would buy it and how I'd get it to them though... so thats sorted. I think i'll go for it then...

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Did you "go for it"??? Are you happy?

6. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Who was your dealer around there Stolt?

Best regards David

7. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yep I went for it, I should get my shiny new panny on Saturday...
    in the end I paid £2400.oo all in and that includes stand but no tuner and no speakers, but I didnt need them either anyway...

Erm it's not a highstreet dealer as such, I think he deals with corporate companies with plasma/lcd's screens and laptops and as such he doesnt own a showroom, but does have some offices in Leicester, i found him through a friend of a friend and bought my previous plasma from him so I know he's legit... also get a 1 yrs onsite warranty so no probs if something goes wrong... somebody from the forums has already asked me about him and I did say I'd get back to him after I check with him whether he wants me to give his nbr out.. Havent been able to get hold off him today... tbh I don't think he makes much from them so doesnt really sell to the public, think he makes his money from the corporate customers... If anyone is interested and he doesnt mind If you pm me I'll will give the nbr out to anyone whos interested but I'll post on here first if hes ok about it..

8. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Get mine tomorrow!!!!! :clap:

Hurry up!!! :D

9. stolt

stolt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not far behind you, let me know what you think of it. Even though I've already seen one in the flesh so to speak it's nothing like having it hanging on your own lounge wall. roll on saturday!!

10. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Ditto! Where'd you get yours from? Hope mine comes in the morning! :smoke:

11. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Liam @ AV-sales :)

12. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,227
    :smashin: good choice.

Got mine from Liam 3 weeks ago and it just gets better and better :D

13. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  14. ixi

ixi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Got mine this week as well :smashin: from Nexnix, its on the wall, but what do I do now :confused:

What settings need changing from factory?

What running in do I need to do?

The picture looks OK but I want it to look fantastic, I'm using a Limit 9900SE, is this going to be good enough?

Oh so many questions :D and yes I have searched, but I must not have done it very well

Thanks for all your previous posts folks, it made buying a lot easier and nexnix have been very impressive so far!

Cheers

Ian