1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD6 interference

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by daveb975, Feb 18, 2004.

1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +251
    My Panasonic PWD6 is suffering from interference that affects only the top left hand corner of the screen.

It takes the form of 30-40 pixels that are constantly flashing black to white.

This is not an input problem as it happens on all inputs, including the 'No Signal' blank black screen.

This led me to believe it was a mains supply problem, but I have changed sockets, and unplugged all of my 'noisy' household electrics to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I think I remember another member have colour variation problems in the left hand corner of his screen...pretty sure it ended up being a problem with the screen and he called his dealer/Panny in order to get the screen replaced/repaired...

Pretty sure this is not normal :(

JJ

3. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +251
    Thanks Jasonjo.

This is not so much colour variation as just interference - for example if a bright colour signal is fed through the pixels light up fine, but if it is a black night sky, the problem shows through.

I think I will contact Panny as you suggest.

Did the Sounds Fantastic board that you mentioned on another thread significantly improve the PQ on your plasma? I am considering one of these anyway - should be useful even if it doesnt fix the current problem.

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Dave,

Haven't done an actual A/B with it. TBH I bought it more for protection than anything else, but I do seem to get very good picture from all sources, much better than I saw when I demo'd the screen. However, I am also using very good cables (BetterCables) and the JS Tech RGB2VGA, all of which adds up to getting the very best signal possible to the screen.

The way I looked at it was that £80 to protect six components including a 3k plasma, a 1k DVD, a 1.5k amp etc was worth it. I know you can buy surge protectors much cheaper from belkin etc, but if the Sound Fantastic fitered for a better quality supply, which helped picture even a marginal amount, then it is probs worth it to get the best out of my system....

JJ

P.S. You may have noticed I am a bit of a perfectionist!!! :D