• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic PWD6 componant BNC

caoboth

Standard Member
Hi all

First off apologies for my first post being a request for some advice.

Basically ive had my panny PWD6 now for two years, in it i have a TY-42TM6Y board which after reading up on the documentation provides componant BNC up to 1080P.

I currently input via svideo for normal sky/dvd and old xbox, and use the VGA port for a xbox360.

The question i have is that im getting a PS3 in a couple of days and would like to tidy up my cable situations, getting a componant switcher box for all the devices to plugin sounds like a perfect idea however have i read it correctly in the manual that it provides 1080P at 50/60hz, as this would be perfect for my PS3 and Xbox 360 (im aware that i cant purcahse a HDMI board for this model)

Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong area in advance

And help appreciated

Andy

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
This area is fine. Which do you think would be more appropriate and I can move it...

I'm not sure the PWD6 will take 1080p over component through that board... but I don't think it matters as 720p would be plenty since it's going to be scaled down to 852x480 anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom