1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PWD6 black bars changing size when viewing 3.35.1 material...help please?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Family Guy, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Panasonic PWD6 connected to an iscan ultra via RGB. Connected to the iscan Ultra is a Sky+ box (via s video), an XBox (S Video again) and a Panasonic S97 multiregion (via component).
    When viewing movies in the "cinemascope" ratio, ie, ones that leave black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, one or other of the bars is always bigger than the other...then they change while watching the film. If someone held a gun to my head, i would say it's probably happening on 16.9 broadcasts as well...I sometimes notice the channel logo's drfting about the screen...sometimes dropping by an inch or 2, then the top of the log will dissapear of the top of the screen...

I have set up the screen using DVE (Pal) and Avia (NTSC). The screen SHOULD remember the settings for each signal...

Anybody throw a light on this please...?

Oh, and lets try and not turn this into a "should have brought an Hitachi/LG/Samsung" thread please...I'm VERY happy with the screen other than this small caveat... :smashin:

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have sorted...in case anybody is interested in the answer, it's because WOBBLE was set to on in the screensaver setup. This moves the picture (In Panasonics words) "aotomatically shifts the display image at a dot level pitch (therefore unnoticeable to the eye :rolleyes: )"

My advice - unless you watch Sky News for 10 hours a day, maybe best left off...