• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic PW7 screen

K

kevo27

Just ordered PW7,Sanyo tuner box and wall bracket for total price of £1420 ,is this is good deal?Getting panel on Friday any advice on setting up would be appreciated.Will I get problems with sky+ for example.Thanks to all on the forum cos i was gonna buy the philips 37 inch but for £200 more I got the panny instead.:) thanx kev

tamthetim

Established Member
kevo27 said:
total price of £1420 ,is this is good deal thanx kev

it is for the panel..............compared to the £2000 paid by some in November...........but i won't go into that again

very good price, where from as im very very tempted at that price

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
good deal on the panel but i recon the tuner box you have ordered is a pile of stinking $%&@ scrap that and take a look at the help a beginner sticky at the top of this forum........

jonl1973

Standard Member
If you don't need the tuner box as a tuner they probably sold it to you because it has a VGA output and SCART inputs (they tried to sell one to me - although it was a Daewoo one) and they can't get hold of SCART terminal boards.

If this is the case, you'll probably get a better picure through a JS RGB to Plasma VGA converter from av-sales. This is what I ended up doing, and it looks great!

K

kevo27

Thanx for the advice ,think I will scrap the tuner then and btw that is exactally why they tried to flog me the tuner.Ok if I get js convertor do I need any cables with it?Also how many in puts does it have ,I have SOny av amp,sony dvd recorder and sky +.Thanks again for all the advice.

mark.king

Standard Member
I ordered the js box Monday afternoon and it arrived tuesday morning so turnaround s quick. It only has a single scart on it. Is it scart you want?
JS also do a scart auto switcher. The cable you will need to connect to the panel is a standard computer monitor cable. Check other threads as I am sure someone said the js box does not work with the 7 series. Could be wrong though (I have a 6 series from rs)

K

kevo27

Just bought the js tech rgb to vga convertor.I am hoping that i can use the following setup ,sky+ to sony dvd recorder to plasma screen.

jonl1973

Standard Member
kevo27 said:
Just bought the js tech rgb to vga convertor.I am hoping that i can use the following setup ,sky+ to sony dvd recorder to plasma screen.
Sounds like it should work - pretty much the same as what I do except I don't have a DVD recorder - just a DVD player with 2 SCART sockets.

mark.king said:
Check other threads as I am sure someone said the js box does not work with the 7 series. Could be wrong though (I have a 6 series from rs)
I'm pretty sure the JS RGB->VGA converter is OK with a 7 series panel. I think the confusion arises from 7 series panels not handling component video over the VGA input in the way the 6 series panels did - but the JS box produces a 'proper' VGA signal - not component so all should be fine... (Can someone confirm this?)

jabowen

Established Member
I can confirm it does work with the 7 series - and a very nice picture. Colours a little stronger than I'd usually go for - especially red - will wait for 200 before having a play with the service menu. Overall PQ from the converter is superb though - much better Sky picture than I expected.

B

blackmanalishi

Might be worth getting the Component terminal board as well just to give you other options, as it's only £58+VAT from plasmaware.co.uk, making it the cheapest (and one of the best) available in the range - ironically less than half the price of the SCART board, which gives very average PQ...

If anyone out there has a Component board AND the JS RGB2VGA converter, can they give an opinion on which gives better PQ and all round performance? I don't have both yet...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom