1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PW7 scart or s-video

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by BizBo, Mar 28, 2005.

1. BizBo

BizBo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

just got one of these with a SCART module. However I noticed the picture quality was not as good as I thought. So I seem to remember that having either the s-vhs cable or the RCA (yellow) cable gives a much better picture.

Now here is my dilema...

I have sky+ and a DVD player, but want to connect both up to get the best picture, what is the best way? buy 2 s-video modules, stick with scart?

What is the best connection for pic qual? s-video, scart, rca (yellow)?? :lease:

Cheers

Darren

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Component is probably the best for your DVD player. it's much better than s-video or RGB scart...you do have your Sky box set to RGB right? if it's set to composite then no wonder s-video looks better. If you want your scart to look it's best then buy a JS Technology VGA-Scart converter and plug it into the VGA port.

3. BizBo

BizBo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When you say component what do you mean? Sorry bit fick

4. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    s video and composite are worse than scart. try going into your sky settings and make sure you have video out set to rgb.i have a pw7 being fed from sky box with scart and this gives a very good picture.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Component video aka YUV and YPBPR normally 3 RCA connections coloured red green blue................ (not all DVD players have them, but most do) for Sky the JS RGB>VGA converter is great, better PQ than the panny scart board which is a bit ropey....................

6. BizBo

BizBo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kewl, my new DVD player supports that, best put hands deep into pockets for a component board...

:clap:

7. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On your sky box remote, press 'SERVICES' go to 4: SYSTEM SETUP -> 1: PICTURE SETTINGS then set SCART CONTROL to ON and VIDEO OUTPUT to RGB. Now select SAVE NEW SETTINGS at the bottom.

If these settings are already configured this way then you don't need to do anything. If not then you will noticate a big jump in quality when you change them.