Panasonic PW7 + DVD97 - what are the optimum HDMI settings?

pcavelle

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi - can anyone advise on this topic? A friend has just bought a PW7 with an HDMI board, and a Panasonic '97 DVD player.

Could anyone who has this combination comment on the best settings to have at both the player and plasma end - there seem so many!

Should player be set to 480p or 575p, for example?

Also - what about all of the PAL conversion settings on the PW7? We're unsure of what the best combination is, so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

errrrr....where did he get a HDMI board from? I have just got the 97 DVD player but I'll be damned if anybody has a HDMI board in stock!

errrrr....where did he get a HDMI board from?
I got my HDMI board delivered from AV Sales a few days ago (the Plasma and other Terminal Boards were order/delivered in November) :clap: Shame I don't actually have an HDMI capable player yet - that's the next upgrade!

pcavelle

Its suck it and see - unless anyone else has the same combination.

The player will dictate 480P (NTSC) or 576P(PAL) depending on the disc your playing - unless you set it to always output PAL with NTSC or vice versa.

If your player has the option of 720P(60) you may want to try that with your R1 (NTSC) discs - though probably best to leave R2 Discs at 576P(50) and let the Display scale 576 lines to 480 lines.

Best regards

Joe

Thanks everyone for replying.

Joe may be the person to speak to about the boards but I also have heard that he is sold out....

btw, we did not notice very much difference at all comparing HDMI to scart, for what it's worth! That was a little surprising.

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom