Panasonic PW7 bizarre remote control problem

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by adamfox, Mar 26, 2006.

1. adamfox

adamfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a new Panny TH37PW7. V happy with it and the panny media box. Both the TV and media box came with remotes. All the media box remote buttons work but only a few of the TVs ones. This means I can't get pic in pic or to the TV settings menus to set up the screensaver. The TV hard buttons don't respond wither. Have been advised that the TV remote will work if the media box isdisconnected but I am worried I will lose all my settings. Any advice appreciated.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Yes, the Panasonic media box strikes again! All sensible people throw it to the floor and jump up and down on it, Basil Fawlty style eventually. When you are ready to do that, we'll tell you how to use the plasma without it. They are horrid beyond all human understanding. Well, actually some mug on ebay will probably buy it for a couple of hundred quid!

3. smargo

smargo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, more help needed! I have even more bizarre problem with the receiver. (Same TH-37PW7 Plasama) The receiver remote "set up" button brings DISPLAY set up menu. And when I press "F" button on the receiver body, the receiver menu appears for less then a second and then disapperas and I have black sceeen.

When I try to switch channels with the buttons on the receiver body, the picture appears also for a very brief moment and then balck screen. The sound stays.

On Receiver remote only those buttons work, which duplicate the functions of Display remote, i.e Picture, Sound - any other buttons don't work. So, basically, TV is not working at all.

Is it my some stupid mistake or I should return the TV to the shop? Is it looking like the Receiver problem or not? Please help!!!!

I have only Terminal board, which I have installed in the Slot2. Slot1 is empy - can it be a problem?

And, how it's possible to use the Display without Receiver?

Thanks!

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    can't help with your problem I'm afraid but for part two of the question: its possible by buying other input boards (scart, component) and connecting sky or freeview and dvd diect to the plasma.

5. smargo

smargo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. i've put the terminal board form slot 2 to slot 1 and it works.