Panasonic PW6 -Time for change...

S

silron1

- I've had it since 2003 and its used as our main TV & DVD Recorder/Player screen.

Its never let me down & the picture quality is still fantastic. However I need to be able to screen HD-DVDs from my Toshiba HD Player. I can do this through the VGA port using a HDFury convertor but that produces a soft image. The reason is that the Panny max res is too low for the convertor - thus the soft image.

So I want to look at a replacement screen. It must be a Panasonic but I cannot find anything similar to the PW6. I only require the display screen as I have all the boxes, Sky, Freeview, Yamaha Sound System.

I would like to go to a 50" 1080p but where do I find a display screen without built-in receivers & audio etc.:)

Any suggestions other than the pro display screens circa £3000+ would be much appreciated:suicide:

Silver Serpent

- I've had it since 2003 and its used as our main TV & DVD Recorder/Player screen.

Its never let me down & the picture quality is still fantastic. However I need to be able to screen HD-DVDs from my Toshiba HD Player. I can do this through the VGA port using a HDFury convertor but that produces a soft image. The reason is that the Panny max res is too low for the convertor - thus the soft image.

So I want to look at a replacement screen. It must be a Panasonic but I cannot find anything similar to the PW6. I only require the display screen as I have all the boxes, Sky, Freeview, Yamaha Sound System.

I would like to go to a 50" 1080p but where do I find a display screen without built-in receivers & audio etc.:)

Any suggestions other than the pro display screens circa £3000+ would be much appreciated:suicide:

Are you sure it must be a Panasonic?

You can get a Pioneer 5090 at TLC for £2,099, but they only have 5 in stock and are getting harder and harder to find. It does have a TV Tuner which you don't want, but I don't see any harm in it being there.

Pioneer - PDP-LX5090 - 50-inch 'HD Ready 1080p' KURO (9th Generation)

Besides that, the only real suitable option is the Panasonic Pro range which you've obviously looked at.

Professional Displays - Pioneer Plasma TV, Pioneer Kuro TV, Pioneer

If it was me, I'd go for the Pioneer or a PF11, probably the Pioneer as it's just over £200 cheaper. The saving could be put towards an ISF Calibration.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom