1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PW6 Price??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tim k, Dec 12, 2004.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As im sure all we will agree we all love the 6/7 series, and one thing that really annoyed me in this rather large investment was the unstable pricing most companies adopt. With all due respect, i understand companies must make a worthwhile margin, but prices on these units really seem to fluctuate by the day, so without being crude does anyone know what a pw6 costs per unit to the store?? and the pw7?

2. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I'm afraid there is a lot of panic out there in retailer land - both in the town centres and online. If you have the money Plasmas are THE product at the moment - DSG and others (Dixons etc) are shifting lots of the cheaper panels at the £1000- £1299 price point. Richer Sounds are wading in with offers on PW6 product - also at that price point.

If PW6's are still around in the new year - prepare for the unthinkable - a PW6 (maybe a TOSH rebrand?) for under £1200 - it all depends on how many units are still sloshing around the distribution channels.

My local Panasonic dealer had the PW7 for £2299 last week - today it's £1999 with SALES stickers all over the shop !

Just keep looking at sites like Pricerunner all the time AND search Google UK for example.

I've just ordered a silver PWD7 from AV-Sales for £1745 - paid by Barclaycard and although they are stopping the Price Protection scheme - I can still take advantage of 60 days price protection.

I'm pretty sure that by the end of January - I'll be faxing my £1745 invoice to Barclaycard for a £150 or so refund !

Just accept this chaotic marketplace - technology and product lines change too rapidly and companies HAVE to shift the product OR ELSE.

Gussie :)

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i too ordered from av sales last week, awaiting my pw6 package, still very curious what the average margin is on these units, i know RS shift end of lines at cost price just to clear unwanted stock, but as we know there are still many pw6's in distribution so it wouldnt be a worthwhile investment for anyone to buy a large stock unless they still made a fair margin.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    average margin on these units is naff all i can gaurantee the VAT make far more than retailers at these stupidly low prices.... the reason they are unstable is p-anny volume pricing the more you buy the cheaper they are but the more you need to shift so you take a risk and buy 50 then some idiot starts knocking em out at 3% above your cost what can you do take all 50 home? or sell them at 2% above cost.....
    It might be good for the consumer in the short term but long term it is bad as you cant run a business on 2-3% margin and ofer the levels of service people want when buying a £2000 domestic item..................I have no idea how certain companies do it but some do and thrive so do and vanish..........