Panasonic PW5 VGA port

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Canoehq, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Canoehq

Canoehq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    I've just bought a year old Panny PW5 and before going out to buy a new cable, probably need to know if the VGA input port on it will accept a component signal (the normal component input port is already being used for another bit of kit) Can anyone help with some advice please ?

Also, does putting a component signal in through the VGA port give you a good bit less control over picture set up, colour control etc ?

Thanks for any help.

2. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I too have recently purchased a PW5 and tried a few options. In order to save the cost of buying one of the video terminal boards I opted for a syncblaster RGB scart to VGA cable , primarily for use with a Sky + digibox.The picture quality is as good as any of the options I tried.

I guess the type of equipment you want to connect will dictate the choice of cable.

3. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Meant to add that if you check the instructions it should indicate which picture settings you will keep. I will check my screen/picture options.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The PW5 does not have a YUV option for the VGA port. Synchblaster is one way to use the VGA for video, I find them a bit hit or miss for my taste, but if it works well..... JS tech makes a RGB to VGA converter which is highly recommended. VGA does lose you some colour control, the alternative is the video board, you should find one going cheap by now, if you are struggling drop me a PM, I'll have a call around the distributors, there'll be one gathering dust somewhere.

5. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    No, but it has a component option for the VGA input ;)