1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PW5 connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cheeseburger, Jan 2, 2004.

1. cheeseburger

cheeseburger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help.

Does anybody have a Panasonic 37PW5 connected to an Arcam DV27 or any progressive scan equipped player?

I previously had my DVD connected to a Sony FD1 TV via a scart lead and had an amazingly sharp picture, now it looks like I have gone back to the bad old days of VCR.

My mistake is probably the use of the Panasonic tuner for connection purposes, as the Sky picture is not even worth watching, yet was as clear as a bell previously.

All help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a Panny PW5 plasma.

Progressive scan Denon 3800 DVD player connected directly to plasma component input produces great picture.

I don't however have or use the tuner.

Sky , Laserdisc player & S-VHS are all connected via VGA in thru Iscan Ultra.

3. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a PW5 panel and a prog scan player (see below)

Connections are

DVD via component
    Xbox Via component
    Tivo / NTL / Freeview - Component (from a John Sims RGB-YUV convertor)

Main cables (DVD-Amp-Panel) are from Mark Grant (check the power buys forum)

Other cables are home grown

Sounds like you've alread found the problem in the tuner box, and it may be worth trying an alternate connection method (if you have the relevent terminal board)

4. satch

satch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jason,
    how do you get all these running through component when the plasma only has 1 component input?

i have a scart to component lead from sky+ to the component input and i am trying to work out how to connect a prog dvd?

5. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use my amp for switching, but have just purchased an Inday switcher from another forum member to increase my available connection options

Tivo / NTL / Freeview is all one source as NTL & Freeview feed directly into the Tivo.

There are a number of switching options available depending on what you want / need such as

An AV amp with component switching (usually only 2 component inputs)
    Audio Authority 1154 (4 inputs - switches component and audio)
    Inday RGB4X (4 inputs - switches Component only)
    A manual switchbox of some type (cheap, but not nice)

Have a look in here for a bit more info

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56029

Alternatively you could consider using a scart - vga convertor for Sky+ and that would free up your component connections.

6. cheeseburger

cheeseburger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice.