Panasonic PW5 Comp/Scart board queries

peakey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the forums today and already have found some excellent reference material !

I have a Panasonic TH-42PW5 which i brought 2 years ago and am very happy with. I am currently in the process of purchasing a new DVD player and intend to use component video connections as opposed to RGB scart which I have always used in the past. Whats the general opinion on the difference between these two types of cable ? Is there really a noticable difference ? My local dealer reckons so but i never trust him !!

I have the TU-600B tuner to go with the TV but although this also has component connections I have been considering purchasing the Scart/Component terminal board which is mentioned in the user manual (Model No: TY-42TM5TB).
The first issue here is that I cant find anywhere on the net that sells that particular board, does anyone know if it actuallys exists ?
Secondly, assuming it does exist has anyone tried this board in comparison to the Tuner and is there any noticable difference in picture quality ?

The main reason for this is to remove one of the many boxes I have in my TV cabinet ! :)

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom