1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PV500 pedestal stand measurement query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by psychobod, Jul 5, 2005.

1. psychobod

psychobod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this has already been discussed - did a search and could not find the answer.

I am busy fixing speakers to a wall, and desperately need to know the distance between the bottom of the pedestal stand and the bottom of the screen - i.e. the measurement from the surface the plasma is standing on, to the bottom of the screen. I assume it will be the same for the 37" and 42" PV500.

I am fed up with staring at my new Cantons, Denon 2105 and Panasonic S97 DVD player in their boxes, and our new family room is just about done now, so I have decided to just set up with my old CRT. But I want to situate the speakers so they look balanced when the plasma is set up.

I had decided on a 37" PV500, but with so much discussion about problems, I am now back at square 1 - waiting for more reviews on the Samsung HD screen, and for details of the new JVC and Pioneer screens, which apparently are out in the next few weeks.

However, figured that setup for the (huge) Panny would be about right for the (more reasonably sized) Samsung, JVC and (I assume) Pioneer.

Anyone with said Panny on a pedestal who can get a tapemeasure and help out would be a hero!

Thanks

Greg

2. The Cleaner

The Cleaner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The ped raises the Panel by approx 93mm.

Hope this helps!

3. psychobod

psychobod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly what I was after.

Thanks, Cleaner!