Panasonic PV500 cabling question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Hawaiian Floyd, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Hawaiian Floyd

Hawaiian Floyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My Panasonic PV500 and DMR ES10 DVD recorder arrives on Thursday. Not sure what cables the package will come with but suspect I'll need to buy some good quality cables as I'd really like the best PQ I can get.

My Plan is to buy a QED P2110 Scart for around £26 for connecting my Sky box to the PV500 and a QED P-CV1 RCA/RCA Component cable for around £40 for connecting the DVD Recorder to the PV500.

I know some people have seen massive differences in PQ with better quality Scarts but will I see a big difference in PQ with the QED Component cable or will a cheaper one still give me good PQ from the DMR ES10.

One final question, will I need another QED P2110 for connecting the Sky Box to the DMR ES10 or will I get away with a cheaper Scart cable?

Didn't know anything about AV cables before reading these forums so forgive me if what I've suggested is incorrect.

Thanks.

2. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have bought the same scart lead for sky+ to TV and having read many reviews gone for a mark grant cable details on this forum for the component (ES10 to PV500). The build quality and high spec of mark grants cables cannot be faulted and seems to be very highly regarded around these parts!

CK